Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 11-02-2023, 02:11 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

I was toying with the idea of embroidering six of them with six different 🐢and our names for everyone. Found a couple of designs that were cute that was why I was asking about favorite colors. Well not me personally My machine has the capability though 😂.
I will gladly do that if everyone is interested.
Old 11-02-2023, 07:15 PM

How fun, Yiayia!
I would love that
Old 11-03-2023, 11:00 AM

Yiaya, you're so thoughtful!
I watched the video with Ricky and was anyone as surprised as I was about the log cabin block/design to include? Not that it's difficult, it's was not vision of how this was going to evolve...or am I just slow to understand? It makes me curious about what each of the months' lessons are going to bring to the table for inclusion.
Happy quilting to everyone.
Joyce
Old 11-03-2023, 03:04 PM

Joyce, I was surprised that it was that simple. Having never done a RR but following Ricky Tims for a few years now, I was expecting something 🤔more out there for lack of a better term.
We shall see what happens in the months to come He hasn’t disappointed me yet but I am hoping he steps it up a bit.
Happy Quitting everyone
Old 11-03-2023, 03:28 PM

I'm thinking that Ricky is taking it easy on us at the beginning of this. He may be making it easier for all skill levels too, and thinking about the time of year it is. Ppl may not have lots of time to devote to it in the next 2 months.
But I agree...hope it can become a bit more....IDK ... challenging?
That may happen anyway as we progress and try to integrate something new with what's come before.

Old 11-04-2023, 09:54 AM

I was also surprised. I knew he was going to give us different creative challenges and pointers each month, but I kinda thought they'd be along the lines of artistic direction, color theory, lines of design, etc.

I'm not disappointed, I am willing to allow his directions and the process to lead me where ever. It's very early still.
Old 11-04-2023, 04:10 PM

Hi all. I am back from my geography conference and finally got to watch the video. Now to find my silly cords so I can transfer photos from my camera to my computer....

I am thrilled that this challenge appears easy because I am still a bit intimidated. I am going to pull fabrics tomorrow to start playing with ideas. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 11-05-2023, 09:24 AM

So is anyone drawing out their ideas as was suggested to do? I'm going to make some mock squares to slice and dice and see if I can find inspiration for this round from that. I have Mozart playing in the background while I try to be creative, Happy Sunday all.
Old 11-05-2023, 09:39 AM

Brother in law is coming for the night A sister and her husband are coming for the game. I have to cook and entertain 😕. Love them but don’t these people know that I have quilting to do!!
Old 11-05-2023, 09:43 AM

Yiaya -- I would love an embroidered label from your machine! My machines don't do that. I was going to hand embroider but I bet your machine can do it much prettier. Do you need any supplies? What may I send you in exchange?