Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders >

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

QB Flinging Flimsies - Mad Adders

Old 12-11-2023, 03:28 PM

Hi folks - I have been enjoying lurking on this thread to see how this project plays out. Today in Michael's I saw some Metal Turtle Beads that made me think of this group, which made me smile. If you like embellishment, it could be fun to add one (or a group of them) to your quilt. (After the quilting is done, of course.)

I have learned a lot be following along with past round robin groups. I hope you folks will be willing to share your photos on this thread when you get to the reveal stage.

Warm wishes to you all!
Old 12-11-2023, 08:48 PM

Those turtles are adorable!! Thank you for sharing the link! We are sure to post pictures when we are done.

Everything is a giant secret in this particular challenge. But if we get some great hat shots, we can post those :-)
Old 12-11-2023, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Oh shoot! Ibex - I just realized I forgot to take a process photo of Shawnee's project to send to Western Wilson!! Have you added to it yet? If not, would you be so kind as to take a photo and send it to her for me?

Sigh.... 🤦
Will do! I won't be adding until the weekend when I return to Mississippi. Shawnee Round 2 is the title, right?
Old 12-11-2023, 09:14 PM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

A little while back I had sent a private message to the group. I haven’t heard back from everyone. If you have not sent me a reply could you please check your messages?
I’m hoping that everyone is having a wonderful holiday season.
Old 12-13-2023, 06:12 AM

I see the Round 3 prompt is out! Ooooh...triangles. Endless fun, those!

How is everyone with their Round 2 work? I think I have 2 of the 6 Round 2 photos in the files.

Happy December all,
Janet
Old 12-14-2023, 09:33 AM

Default Excited

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Will do! I won't be adding until the weekend when I return to Mississippi. Shawnee Round 2 is the title, right?
I can't wait! I love the idea of my little flimsy flying its way around our group. =)
Old 12-14-2023, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Yes. Thank you very much.
Old 12-22-2023, 06:13 AM

Is everyone ready to fling? I'm not, lol. But boy am I a happy turtle as I plan this out. My sewing machine hasn't been unpacked yet but I finally cleared the table of all the items brought back to the house. Good thing my wonderful daughter in law is cooking for Christmas this year!

Today I am triming my hedge by the front door, sweeping out the leaves and adding some christmas ornaments to the hedge to celebrate the season. Everyone around me has lots of twinkling lights. Oh how lovely! I haven't decided if I want a tree up... Christmas Manger is it this year.
Old 12-22-2023, 12:23 PM

Ibex, I don't know how you do it. You have so much going on!
I live in a "bah humbug" area .....no pretty lights around here anywhere. I may just have to take a night ride tour....

merry, merry, happy happy to all of you!
Old 12-28-2023, 05:19 PM

So how is everyone doing this fine New Year's weekend? I know two of you have successfully flung your flimsies.... I am not one of the two. Please send your Round 2 picture to WesternWilson. I just sent a picture and I think I named it wrong..... Name your picture after the person who made the starter block (on the manifest) and what round you are currently doing.

If I am wrong about that, let me know, please.
Happy New Year!! May this be your best year, yet!