2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares) >

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

2024 Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" Squares)

Old 02-25-2024, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

TG, I love your top!!!!
Old 02-25-2024, 01:55 PM
Power Poster

Mookie is such a brat. He decided I'm not going to work on my candies anymore right now.
Attached Thumbnails img_7797.jpg   img_7798.jpg  
Old 02-25-2024, 02:20 PM

Janice McC, I understand and honestly, I pondered that thought before posting the question but trusted folks to be careful with the amount of personal details they shared.

I just washed my CC quilt so I could add as my 2.5 Candy Day Picture for February below. All done except the baby's name and birth date.

I have one more quilt to add the label and one more to quilt this week. Then off to starting on a UFO,

TG I love your chain quilt progress. Lovely mix of colors and yes, share a finished photo or a progress photo in March.

My ZuZu from time to time will come to "help" but more likely to just interrupt my progress and make sure I give her lots of attention.
Attached Thumbnails 2024-02-25-checkerboard-chain-42x42-bailey-baby.jpg   2022-07-13-quilting-partner.jpg  

Last edited by WMUTeach; 02-25-2024 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-26-2024, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

WMU that's a beauty! I'm enjoying working on mine, that is when Mookie allows me. Zuzu is so pretty!
Old 02-26-2024, 09:26 AM

Good morning everyone. I enjoy seeing all of your candy projects. The hearts and chains are beautiful.

Well I decided to send out round 2 through UPS this time to the 2 birthday girls. Hopefully you will get them soon. When I mailed the packages, it cost $2.65.
- Thinking of mail, I mailed out my insurance payment via my bank about the same day. It took over 3 weeks to get there. The insurance company sent me a email telling me my payment was late. I had mailed the bill 10 days early. The bill address as the crow flies was only 3 hours away if I drove my POV. Yea, mail service is getting real bad. My insurance company gives a grace period just for this issue lately, so my insurance is fine.

- I’m still working on my Traffic Jam 🛸 twin kid quilt. I’m using many of our 2.5” blocks from previous years. I have 2 things taking up y sewing time, 1 1/2 year old male boy pup. He is so cute and adorable and demands attention. The second item, my friend gave me - 15 baby tops to quit for her. She does pay me a small price, but I can practice and quilt whatever I want on them. Mainly I just do edge to edge patterns. I have 7 of them done. My guild also gave me a QOV to quilt. So I have been busy playing with those. Today I can’t sew, I have to clean house. Ugh.

- happy sewing and quilting everyone. 😊
Old 02-27-2024, 05:09 AM

Hi all, I thought it was time I posted about my home town too. After you visit Rebaquilts, drive east about an hour and you will find my home town. Keep driving another hour east and you will find Logcabin82. Tee-Hee-Hee. And we did not even know each other until the Birthday Swap.

Yes, I am ready to boast about being in the fruit belt area. Fresh apples, peaches, berries, grapes, cherries, pears, and bedding plants and flowers are in abundance. The BIG lake provides so much fine weather that this is an ideal place for growing things. Many farmer's markets, some year around, sell fruits and veggies from asparagus to organic meats, wines, and everything in between. No matter where you are in Michigan, it is a pretty good bet that if you go 5 miles in any direction you will find water; a stream, lake, marsh, pond etc. My area is just the same. The city is on the junction of several Native American trails and rivers that were formed a valley after the glaciers left. Those same trails lead from winter to summer camping grounds. Yes, our Native residents liked summer near the lake just like we do. There they could fish and gather wild berries and escape mosquitoes.

In the 19th and 20th century this little town became a city of small industry because of the river's supply of water power. Kalamazoo Sled company, Checker Motors, and multiple paper large paper companies supported our residents and polluted our rivers but have now cleaned them up to a pristine level. Later, Upjohn Pharmaceuticals became a major employer. It is now called Pfizer (covid vaccine) and employs thousands of folks from cleaners to bio-medical researchers. We have 4 colleges and universities and are often considered a college town with all its little ethnic eaterys, sports teams, the vitality of students and an international population. The city has an abundance of arts venues and presentations from Broadway touring companies to local theater, galleries, artist workshops, and dance companies. We are the home of the Kalamazoo Promise and Bell's Brewery. Think of Chicago or New York shrunk down to 260,000 people. A pretty nice place to live.

Now after all of that, I live in a city just south, we share a border and heritage. My town has no city center, no downtown. It was planned that way. Two high schools, and 12 elementary/middle schools, wonderful bike and walking trails, 20 parks with fishing to kayaking to swimming to ice skating outdoors. Where to eat? It all depends on what you have a taste for. Asian, Indian, upscale or soup and crusty bread. My current favorites are Centre Street Tap House and Hunan Gardens. But give me a moment and I will change my mind....again.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 02-27-2024 at 05:12 AM.
Old 02-28-2024, 07:47 AM

Gorgeous blocks and quilts in the making. Macy yours is going to be stunning
Old 02-28-2024, 12:06 PM

I live in West Sacramento, California. Often mistaken as part of Sacramento, but it is not. It is in a different county across the river from Sacramento. We have a stunning view of the skyline, a beautiful waterfront are along the Sacramento River with walking trails.

We are home to Sutter Health Park where our triple AAA baseball team plays. Its a feeder team for the SF Giants.

I have lived here since I was 13, with a few years in the city of Sacramento.

It's been a wonderful place to raise my four sons, and now my eldest is raising him 3 kids here.

Our city does not have many good food places, but we have a little hometown diner called "Carol's" that has great comfort foods and breakfasts.

Old 02-28-2024, 04:50 PM

Thanks for your tale of West Sacramento. Goodness, I had no idea there was a West and a just "Sacramento". I learned something new today.
Old 02-28-2024, 07:43 PM

Happy Leap Day! An extra day for "frogg'in" around and singing "It's Not Easy Being Green." So "hop to it" and finish a project, clean the bathroom, or sort socks or organize all your green fabric.. Tee-Hee-Hee! Do something unexpected Any of you young tad poles up for playing Leap Frog? Now that, would be an unexpected event. 😉

Have a wonderful day!

Attached Thumbnails boynton-leap-day.jpg