Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2024 Quilting Goals >

2024 Quilting Goals

2024 Quilting Goals

Old 12-22-2023, 07:00 PM

I only sew to have an excuse to buy fabric.[/QUOTE] Boy! Do you have my number!!!
Some time ago I purchased a bundle of 1/3 to 1-1/4 yd. end-of-bolt pieces of batiks that I want to make into placemat sets. Many of them married together perfectly while others will work beautifully with my current stash, reducing it. Winner, winner.
Old 12-22-2023, 11:26 PM
dmo

trying to clean out sewing room. Finishing up some burrito pillowcases for gifts. Got a string quilt in progress.
Old 12-25-2023, 10:27 AM

OK, I responded to this question a few days ago and good gracious! Since then I have been asked to make two baby quilts, one toddler quilt and it I recalled a promised compass star quilt for a friend's husband. Yikes, making what I want may just be disappearing over the horizon. But.... I will be getting yardage out of the sewing room.
Old 12-25-2023, 12:27 PM
Power Poster

I responded already too, but one thing I forgot is that I hope to join a second quilt guild in 2024. It's the Valley Quilters in Hemet. When I lived in Oregon I belonged to three guilds, and all had something different to offer.
Old 12-25-2023, 02:40 PM

Merry Christmas to all! Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season.
In regards to this past year, I didn't get nearly as many quilting / sewing related projects finished as I truly thought I would due to a lot of previous family related things that came up along the way. This coming year, I will be busy finishing up a couple of quilts that I truly want to get longarm quilted (they have been sitting in my ufo pile for way too long), also I will be working on helping my mom with a few crazy quilts, a sea tapestry quilt, and a couple of art dolls for the Christmas holiday.
Happy Quilting. Hugs Katie
Old 12-25-2023, 03:59 PM
Power Poster

Since I quilt for my own pleasure my goal is to enjoy my hobby.
Old 12-25-2023, 05:09 PM

My goals went out the door when I realized I was already at the end of December, and I had to R---U---S---H to get the toy shoppe bought for my church Christmas give away. This year every child receives a new coat, pair of shoes and 3 gifts that the parents came to choose, wrap and carry home for today. We go thru the schools, so we know the kids are truly in low-income families. It's a lot of fun see the parents trying to decide what to get for their kiddos. But not even 1 quilt was worked on this month and I have 3 that I was going to give for Christmas--will get it finished in January (I hope).

My goals are:
1-buy my new house
2-Get moved by March
3-Get the 3 quilts during the first quarter.

Last edited by MaryKa; 12-25-2023 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-26-2023, 02:43 AM

I've been working on a Laura Heine collage since October. Made a few smaller things like fabric gift bags in the middle, but most of the time I've spent avoiding working on the collage. I hope to put pedal to the metal and finish it in January. I hope never to do another again!
Old 12-29-2023, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by copycat View Post
I will make a baby quilt for a granddaughter due in Feb. It involves using templates to trace for a rainbow. I seem to avoid starting it because it is something new for me and so I've procrastinated.
I’d be very interested in the rainbow pattern you have chosen if you would like to share.
I too have a grandchild (my first) due in Feb and I need to finalise a pattern before I start even though I have some fabric already!
Old 12-29-2023, 06:11 AM

My goal is to try to get rid of fabric as I don't quilt as much anymore. I can use that space where I have fabric for other uses. All in all I probably have one tote I could fill up. Not bad after reading some of the stash you gals have..