Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from Buffalo >

Hello from Buffalo

Hello from Buffalo

Old 01-02-2008, 01:43 PM

I've been getting the Konstantin Newsletter for a few years now and this is my first response. It is 18 degrees out and I just came up for air from machine sewing a new quilt project...a blue & white traditional Irish Chain. I've made about a dozen quilts and have loved the process but get bogged down in other stuff all the time so much time elapses between quilts. A few of my quilts have been traditional but most have been a little artsy and one of a kind. My next project will be an African theme. I've just finished the central block which is a black boabob tree in the center of a black and gold 18" block. I'll probably surround it with black strips and Kente cloth prints. I love working w/ Ethnic themes. My last one was Jewish Stars of many colors on many backgrounds for my niece who is going to Brandeis Univ. I do both hand and machind quilting but my forte is designing quilt tops. I find that more artistically interesting...and I'm better at it. I tend to be a little...what is the word...careless in the details of my actual quilting. (I think what I really mean is lazy and in a hurry).
I'm interested in ideal for unusual quilt tops, either pieced or applique.
thanks for the attention.
Madeline in Buffalo
Old 01-02-2008, 02:38 PM

Hi, Madeline! Welcome to the QB. Glad you said hello.
I'm in WV, where it is 16.7 degrees. We had been having 50+ degree weather, but I guess it finally decided to turn winter here.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:07 PM

Welcome Madeline! So glad you decided to join us, everyone is so nice & have alot to share & pictures also. Enjoy :thumbup: :D
Old 01-03-2008, 07:39 AM

Hi, Madeline. Glad you decided to join us. This is a great place to make friends and share ideas. Please, please show us some of your work. :D :D

Old 01-03-2008, 08:59 AM

Hi Madeline. Here is Pensacola it is 24 degrees and windy. Good weather to be inside making our quilt dreams come true!

You can be a part of our quilt guild if you print your card here! Everyone's Welcome!

Old 01-03-2008, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Madeline Davis
A few of my quilts have been traditional but most have been a little artsy and one of a kind. I do both hand and machind quilting but my forte is designing quilt tops. I find that more artistically interesting...and I'm better at it. I tend to be a little...what is the word...careless in the details of my actual quilting. (I think what I really mean is lazy and in a hurry).
I'm interested in ideal for unusual quilt tops, either pieced or applique.
thanks for the attention.
Madeline in Buffalo
You sound a lot like me, not a technical perfectionist, but creatively natured. No need to apologize for your "artistic temperment"! Have fun.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:37 AM

Welcome... You will gets lots of help here!