Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello! I have two handicaps. I'm new to this and I'm male. >

Hello! I have two handicaps. I'm new to this and I'm male.

Hello! I have two handicaps. I'm new to this and I'm male.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 PM

I totally agree with you......I have RA{rhumatoid arthritis} but that does not keep me from sewing.......I live in your "neck of the woods", & this weather here is great to keep one moving year around................I had a relative who spent many hrs. away from home on his job, did beautiful embroidery when home, I loved his work. Keep quilting, keep your soul smiling , best medicine for a great life.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OLDNTATTED
My doctor was sending me to a physcal therapest for the OA in my hands. He said that I will never get rid of it, and to use what I do have or that could get worse as well. So I thought why am I giving him my time and money, with nothing to show for it. So I baught a sewing machine. If I spend the same ammount of time on this, as I did with him I will at least have something to show for it (quilt, wall hanging, and so on). So I am open to any suggestions. I will appologize now for my bad typing and spelling, after all I'm a man remember. RRR (as the toolman would say)
who says its only men that cant spell, I take first place on bad spelling. I am also a new quilter, so no handicape there, just starting school again. Hi and welcome from Oregon. Penny.D
Old 03-10-2010, 01:11 AM

welcome from Illinois i suggest start small and work your way up remember everyone here is great at helping out so dont ever forget to ask if you get stuck on something and have a question. we are good at giving out opions also!!! ( if you ask for them )
Old 03-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Banned

I'm so supprised to hear so many warm wishes.
In my last profession. (tattoo artist) You hade to apprentist/slave, for any knowlege that was imparted. Or you experimented on yourself, or a real GOOD friend. Good thing I specilized in cover-ups of thoes that did it that way. So I want to thank all of Y'all and hope maybe I myself might offer something in the future.
Tattoo artist?? I'll bet you've got some stories to share :)
Old 03-10-2010, 10:04 AM

Welcome from Texas. GS and Spiderman, it seems to be a theme with no borders. I purchased a whole cloth, 30" x 40" of Spiderman. I dropped my feed dogs, which I don't do for just anyone, and went about outlining and freehanding spiderwebs. How hard could it be? Halfway through, I called my friend, laughing so hard, that I was crying. I told her that I had tortured spiderman and then I went back and killed him. Spiderwebs are not as easy as they look, You have done a wonderful job on yours. I have been quilting for years, but I wanted to tell my GS not to show his quilt to anyone. He thought it was the best quilt ever, but He was 4 yrs old.

Happy Quilting,
Helen
Old 03-10-2010, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
In my last profession. (tattoo artist) You hade to apprentist/slave, for any knowlege that was imparted. Or you experimented on yourself, or a real GOOD friend. Good thing I specilized in cover-ups of thoes that did it that way. So I want to thank all of Y'all and hope maybe I myself might offer something in the future.
Stories! I could write books. Ha! Ha!...

Kinda like this. Compaired to a pierced ear.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4154[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-4154.jpe  
Old 03-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BKinCO
Stories! I could write books. Ha! Ha!...
Lmao. I can only imagine!!! Hey, but now I know what the "tatted" part means (I'm kinda slow sometimes :))
Old 03-10-2010, 01:10 PM

Welcome.
COOL, GUYS DO FANTASTIC QUILTS TOO. i HAD A STOKE AND THE THERAPISTS DID MORE HARM THAN GOOD SO i STARTED TO QUILT AGAIN AND IT HAS HELPED MORE THAN THERAPY. MAY I SUGGEST STARTING OUT SMALL TO LEARN SINCE YOU ARE JUST BEGINNING. LIKE A TABLERUNNER WOULD BE A GREAT THING TO START WITH . i KNOW WHEN YOUR HANDS DON'T DO AS YOU WANT IT CAN GET FRUSTRATING JUST HANG IN THERE THOUGH THE END RESULT FEELS GREAT. GOOD LUCK HOPE TO SEE YOUR WORK SOON.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:17 PM

Hello and welcome from Maryland
Old 03-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Power Poster

[img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...um/welcome.gif[/img]
So glad that you joined us :D:D:D