Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Addiction >

Fabric Addiction

Fabric Addiction

Old 03-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Fox

Or...drop him off on a desserted island...
Old 03-14-2010, 04:19 PM

My stach grows each time I visit a quilt show or quilt show. My DD usually goes with me. She will say, buy this or don't but that. I asked her once, why she was so picky about what I bought. She replied that she was the only DD who quilts and she would inherit the remainder of my stash and she wanted to like what she got. I had to laugh at that!!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:17 AM

lol that's great. Give your daughter a hug for me.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:02 PM

Three of mom's daughters quilt and one doesn't sew at all (although she's the one that taught me to) So three of us took back what we'd given mom and split the rest. Mom had 6 quilts that she'd quilted and 6 kids so it worked out well. Your daughter's a dandy.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:04 AM

I live in the country of Ok. I am fortunately right next door to my fab shop.She prices her fabs for the rural pocketbook. She buys fab of shops going out of business and mill ends etc. Now this a.m. she stopped at my house and told me that she had just gotten in 2000 bolts of new fab did I want to come over and look at it.I immediately grabbed the old check book to see if I could possibly squeexe any more out of it. lol Jolo
Old 03-16-2010, 06:14 AM

Ohh, can I come too? How long will it take me to get there from Illinois? Don't leave without me. ;-D
How wonderful to have a shop so close. My closest is a 30 minute drive. But there's 5 within 30 minutes and couple of others within 45. Sometimes I just make a mini shop hop day of my own and travel around to several of them in one day. *
Old 03-16-2010, 06:20 AM

Lucky you to have that many within a 30 minute drive. The closest one is about 10 minutes but they are so rude and snotty there (quiilt police or elitists in full force) that I only go if it's a dire emergency like I need a spool of thread that's the corrrect color. Rarely shop there and rarely recommend them either.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Lucky you to have that many within a 30 minute drive. The closest one is about 10 minutes but they are so rude and snotty there (quiilt police or elitists in full force) that I only go if it's a dire emergency like I need a spool of thread that's the corrrect color. Rarely shop there and rarely recommend them either.
I was in a shop one day (thankfully it's out of business now) and mentioned Joann's. One of the saleswomen said with a very hateful tone, "I would hope you would never compare our fabric with the trash that Joann's carries." I looked up toward the ceiling and in a loud voice said, "Lord please save us from the elitists." I looked at the woman and said, "Fabric doesn't have to cost $10 a yard to make a quilt. Some of the most beautiful quilts I've ever seen have Bull Durham bags used for the white in them." Then I set the rulers and other things that I was going to purchase down and said "These probably won't work on fabric from Joann's, Hancocks, and Walmart" and I left.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
Allow me to be the first to welcome you :) It's a wonderful sickness to have. Expensive but wonderful :)
Yes, I agree, it's wonderful.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:41 AM

You've got the "bug"----all the signs are there......

I just wish I was there to give you my coupon from Joann's to use. (we are hours aways from the closest one but I still get all of their advertising)