I can't do it anymore

Old 04-04-2010, 07:14 AM

I toss all scraps. I used to keep them but never used them because I don't like scrappy quilts. I only keep things big enough to cut a strip from, so I guess FQ are my minimum.

I'm a neat freak and love to throw things away. :-D
Old 04-04-2010, 07:58 AM

Wow all you throw awayers. There are lots of people on the board that would love to have all those scraps. Maybe you should save them and find someone that would use them. :-D
Old 04-04-2010, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

Maybe toss the scraps into a priority box and when it is full offer it here on the board for the price of postage?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Google Goddess

This is a good idea Amma!

Originally Posted by amma
Maybe toss the scraps into a priority box and when it is full offer it here on the board for the price of postage?
Old 04-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Power Poster

There are a lot of people on the QB who would love to take your scraps.

I'm in scrap hell myself right now. Thanks to the Boomerang Swap, I have a stack of bits and pieces waiting to be sorted. All my foldable pieces go back in the color bin. The little pieces go into the tall scrap bin.

In my eager-beaver mode, I decided to keep all the trimmings from my HSTs and sew them into even smaller HSTs. (trimmed they are only 1 3/4") So the madness continues.

...in the end - they are your scraps and you need to do what makes you happy.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by TenaHF
This is one of the best ideas for scrap fabric - thread tanglings - batting pieces, etc., etc., etc... Throw all into a catch all bag - then sew a doggy bed or cat bed and fill it with all the scraps. Donate the finished doggy or cat bed to your local animal shelter. The animal shelter will love you and your donations....

Use two pieces of material - sew wrong sides together - leave a 6" space to turn the fabric right side out - stuff with scrap stuff - sew 6" space together 'use your sewing machine' doggies won't care if their bed is perfectly made.This is like making a throw pillow....
Have FUN making these beds .... HAPPY EASTER....
:-D
Now this is a great idea! :thumbup:
Old 04-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Oh please don't throw your scraps away. There are so many quilters on this board that would love to have them. I just gave some away and there are more wanting them but I am all out for now.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:53 PM

NO!!! They're crumbs and people use crumbs....not me...but other people. Why not offer them up?
Old 04-04-2010, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
If it's cuts off triangles I sew them together to make HSTs. I save most small scraps of fabric until I'm done working on that particular quilt then they're gone. I used to give them to a "friend" because she'd asked if I would give her my scrappy pieces, some were as big as fat eighths, until I overheard her tell someone that I was gave her all my garbage. Now, I keep the bigger pieces and the small ones go in the garbage.
WOW ... I can't believe she told someone that ... sister I'd be happy if someone gave me scraps and I found fat eights or a bit smaller ... so much you can do small fabric ... but some is just too small ... and those are meant to be thrown away. :D
Old 04-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
In my eager-beaver mode, I decided to keep all the trimmings from my HSTs and sew them into even smaller HSTs. (trimmed they are only 1 3/4") So the madness continues.
OMG I do this too! I have a ziplock baggie full of 1 3/4 HST and another with 1 1/2" all nice and squared up. Although I do have a quilt designated for the 1 1/2" ones because they are all the same dark and all different lights.