Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
From Don--isewman/new pictures >

From Don--isewman/new pictures

From Don--isewman/new pictures

Old 04-27-2010, 06:22 PM

Your quilt is gorgeous, as is that beautiful little girl.

My prayers to you and your family. My father was military, both brothers and in-laws were in military for a while. All I can say is to keep praying and don't ever let him know how worried you are. The last thing he needs to worry about is how things are back home. Cry when you must, you have every right to do so. Get involved with other families who are going through the same things. There are fantastic organizations who join together to offer comfort and encouragement to our men and women who serve. They can use your beautiful talents and your energy. Fill your time with positive experiences so time will pass quickly. Stay tuned to what is going on, but focus on what it will be like when he returns. God Bless...our prayers are with you all.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:36 PM

Beautiful quilt. Have never had to face a loved one going off to serve in the Armed Forces but wish your son an uneventful tour and a safe return home.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:19 PM

You make beautiful quilts.

Deployment is a wonderful time when you get to express how much you appreciate and support your loved one. Try to remember that as no one enjoys calling home to hear about the family's latest adventure in freaking out (that only adds to their burden). It's all about love and support. Give it and the gratitude you receive will be tenfold.

I can help with care package info. PM me if you're interested.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Gal

Keep him in your thoughts and prayers, be positive, he needs you to be strong also! He will be hanging out for news of home so keep this positive and cheerful. Time passes more quickly if you are busy so get involved in what ever it is that makes you happy! Maybe there is a charity you like to support which could do with your help during the time your son is away that would make your days full, and take your mine off negative thoughts? It is a very difficult time I know.

Love your quilt!
Take care
Gal
Old 05-05-2010, 04:17 AM

Your quilt is gorgeous and so is your granddaughter. Her eyes will melt many hearts.

I know what you are going through with your son going to Afghanistan. My 21 year old granddaughter is there now. I had a hard time dealing with it, lots of worry and tears. I found some peace in knowing that she is doing what she wants/needs to do. The soldiers are able to use E-mail and Facebook so she keeps in touch with us several times a week. That helps me in knowing that she is okay. We have to put them in God's hands. I pray every day that He will keep them safe and bring them back home to us. GOD BLESS OUR TROUPS.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

Your quilt is very beautiful and so is your Granddaughter. We have a 22 yr. old Grandson in the Army, Infantry, wanted to join since he was a little boy. Was in Iraq once going back over this Oct.-Nov. He has 1 Daughter, expecting another Baby in Oct. You want to stay busy and not dwell on it.