Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
From Don--isewman/new pictures >

From Don--isewman/new pictures

From Don--isewman/new pictures

Old 04-16-2010, 01:18 AM

Don, thanks for sharing your photos and feelings. All that I can say is that it is good to talk about it, then we all can pray for you and for him, and the Lord uses that to keep us close to Him, because, were else can we go for help? "Be strong and of good courage.." Your quilt is beautiful!
Old 04-16-2010, 04:11 AM

Please tell your son thank you from all of us whom he is defending......and prayers will be with him on his journey.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:17 PM

Don, my heart breaks and goes out to you. I have never personally gone through this but, my husband's nephew served in Irag last year for 10-12 months. Just keep strong and know that God will not put more upon us than what we are able to bear. Why not make him a special little quilt block to take with him? It will not take up much space and he can carry it with him wherever he is. When he looks at it or touches it, he will know how much you love and appreciate him. Thank him for serving for our freedom. I will keep him in my prayers and ask God to keep him safe and bring him back home to you and his family safely.
Bootsie
Old 04-16-2010, 03:42 PM

cute quilt, and my daughter is leaving in June, she is in the airforce.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:20 PM

Don; Thank your son for his service. I have several freinds who are currently in Iraq or Afghanistan right now. Pray for both your son, his platoon, company, unit of whatever size and give him to God. I would suggest possibly making him a couple of pillow cases to take with him. Maybe have his wife help pick out the fabrics - just something from home that reminds him of home and of normalacy. Unfortunately, he will come home with scars. Make sure he talks - if not to you then to someone he trusts. The talking about his experiences may save his life. God bless him and hs his family as you all go through this time of anxiety. I also agree don't watch the news - they only show the bad stuff and not the good stuff. Again, God bless him and your entire family. Chris, a retired military wife.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:51 PM

What a wonderful quilt. Your Granddaughter is precious. My older brother spent 18 months in Vietnam. The only thing we could do was send him lots of letters and pictures. Cellphones and e-mail didn't exist then. Take lots of pictures of his child, they grow up so fast, and keep him up to date with what is happening with her and the rest of the family. Being so far away is just as hard on him as you. Keep him in your prayers and ask your church if you have one to add him to their list also. We all wish him a safe, speedy return home.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:08 AM

Your quilt is beautiful and your granddaughter is absolutely adorable!!!

Helen
Old 04-18-2010, 12:25 PM

The quilt is lovely, and my heart goes out to you. Looks like some good advice has been given regarding paperwork, positive attitude, etc.
I thank your son for his service.
One thing you might be able to look forward to...these days, the servicemen/women can get to computers fairly regularly, so you will be able to keep in touch a little better than via snail mail.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:39 PM

Don,
As a deployed solider, we love to hear our families on the other end. There are times we just need to hear your laugh, or a joke. There may be times we are really stressed and we tend to take it out on our families. But, stay positive, and remember good things. I pray for his safe return. And while he is gone, write as many letters as you can! Those can turn a real bad week into a memory. (it may take a few weeks , maybe 3-4, for him to receive them, but keep sending them!!!)
Old 04-27-2010, 05:41 PM

I know your heart is aching to have your son go to Afghanistan. My prayers are with him that he returns ome safely as well as the rest of our troops.
I love your quilt. Stay strong.