Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Feeling left out. >

Feeling left out.

Feeling left out.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:53 AM

I've been a member of my local guild off and on for over 20 years, and always thought it was mighty "clicky."
So I seldom went to guild meetings, but they still always counted on me to give my all come time to work on the quilt show!
I joined a friendship group at a local church and found that I no longer had to sit alone at guild meetings. Last year I joined another friendship group some miles away that completed and donated over 700 charity quilts last year! I joined that guild a couple of months ago and found it to be so much more friendly than my local guild!
I heard of another guild not far away that refused to join a multi-guild-sponsored quilt show with the attitude that they wanted nothing to do with quilters outside of their own guild!
Bottom line, I think it best to join a Friendship group, make some good friends and laugh a lot. Then the rest will fall into place, or at least won't matter as much. We're a friendly bunch, stay here and hang out wif us! :D
Old 05-03-2010, 11:20 AM

I think I know what you mean about feeling left out.
I was in a little internetgroup a while a go. There was one person who upset me time and time again for a period for almost 13 months. When I vent with some people (about six people who I thought I could trust)I was the bad guy. Didn't mean something bad by venting but I needed just somebody to tell about my (hurt) feelings.So I left the group by myself because I thought it was better for the group. Never should think about the group first but was better If I would think about me! I'll never join another internetgroup then this quiltingboard. Maybe I have to give it a try and join the guild(irl) who has local sections. I don't know, it's still upsetting me very much.

I did meet a woman without her own home(she do have a place to live anyway(Burglar-proof)). We do some quilting together and she is trying to share some internetgroups and other groups. Should I warn her of just let it go?

Quilt4you we love to have you here on this board, were are so many people who like you and love your compaignionship(i don't know this word, sorry). BIG HUG!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 11:38 AM

companionship...Maksi

or company or friendship.....Hugs
Old 05-03-2010, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by mama's place
companionship...Maksi

or company or friendship.....Hugs
Thanks for helping me out.:D
Old 05-03-2010, 01:29 PM

I'm sorry that you were hurt by a group of women you thought were your friends. If you can, rise above it and say a prayer for them because surely they are miserable and not very happy.
What do you think of starting your own group? Even if you find just one person to start with, I'm sure others have been snubbed" by this group and would enjoy sharing quilting and friendship. Hugs, Sheree
Old 05-03-2010, 01:36 PM

Hi, Q4U...just checking back in and hoping you're having a good day with some quilting in it. :)
Old 05-03-2010, 02:40 PM

You are better off with this quilt group. I agree some women are very intimidating. I hope I never come off like that. Even if I was a perfect quilter lol.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:44 PM

I feel left out on this forum have decided to move on. I had hoped that I could be of help to others learn some new things etc not to read post of how bad this or that person is so rude. It's time to get back to quilting.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:35 PM

Deb, Are you talking about THIS board? Don't go. Sometimes you have to jump in, there are so many people coming on here that your comment might get passed by. Just speak up again. So far, everyone here has been super supportive. And, if someone isn't that reflects ONLY on that person. Others pick up on that and the one who has been a butt is the one who is seen as exactly what they are. Maybe I misunderstood your post. I do that sometimes. B
Old 05-04-2010, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Deborah Rae
I feel left out on this forum have decided to move on. I had hoped that I could be of help to others learn some new things etc not to read post of how bad this or that person is so rude. It's time to get back to quilting.
Oh Deb we try not to be negative, but sometimes this is the only way we have to vent knowing that we will get understanding from people we consider to be good friends and who know what we are talking/venting about. We all love quilting and talking about it, hence the vast numbers of different topics. Stay awhile and I promise you that you will love it here!