Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Severe Storms and Tornadoes are Here Tonite!! >

Severe Storms and Tornadoes are Here Tonite!!

Severe Storms and Tornadoes are Here Tonite!!

Old 05-01-2010, 06:44 AM

Wow, that is really just crazy!
I've never been through something like that, I think I'll keep my crappy snowy Montreal weather, thank you! We had a hail storm a couple of years ago and that was pretty nuts... and all it did was damage cars and break windows! (great for ppl like me who work in auto body, lol!)

Stay safe!
Old 05-01-2010, 06:55 AM

Billy, bet you got a big hug from daughter! What you dads will do for those girls!! We've had some pretty good rain, but not a drop in the bucket compared to you. NOt to be insensitive, but I sure hope those TN. storms , stay that far from here. By the way, are you a basketball-football fan? You do know I am a UK Wildcat fan!!LOL
Old 05-01-2010, 07:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by clem55
Billy, bet you got a big hug from daughter! What you dads will do for those girls!! We've had some pretty good rain, but not a drop in the bucket compared to you. NOt to be insensitive, but I sure hope those TN. storms , stay that far from here. By the way, are you a basketball-football fan? You do know I am a UK Wildcat fan!!LOL
I hope they just disappear before they get up to you guys. I know the Derby is today and I knew the weather was going to be crappy so I didnt even bother going to Louisville to hang out and hammer a few Mint Juleps this weekend. My wife loves to go and look at the hats, and show off one of hers.

As far as football I am not that much into collage ball anymore but when I was it was nothing but UT Orange around here!!! I am more of a NFL fan (Go Colts) and love the Mannings!! But I guess I will have to start pulling for LSU since the daughter is going there this fall.

Billy
Old 05-01-2010, 07:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
Wow, that is really just crazy!
I've never been through something like that, I think I'll keep my crappy snowy Montreal weather, thank you! We had a hail storm a couple of years ago and that was pretty nuts... and all it did was damage cars and break windows! (great for ppl like me who work in auto body, lol!)

Stay safe!
Your not missing much, but I really love bad weather and LOVE to watch Tornadoes. The body shops around here love the bad weather because nobody here can drive in the rain!! :lol: :lol:

Speaking of body work, do you have a little Turbo Tot running around yet? I know it is getting really close for the little one to hatch.....

Billy
Old 05-01-2010, 07:12 AM

Yeah, crappy weather for Derby Day. All the private parties for us poor people ruined( well, not totally, you can still imbibe and see TV inside!!LOL)
Old 05-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by clem55
Yeah, crappy weather for Derby Day. All the private parties for us poor people ruined( well, not totally, you can still imbibe and see TV inside!!LOL)
The only reason I'd go up there is a client/friend of mine is a breeder.

One time he took my wife and I up there for the week a few years back and we did all of the parties and dinners. Val and I had a blast but I was amazed at the kind of money that folks drop on a critter.

I can blend in with just about any crowd but those folks were WAY out of my league!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy
Old 05-01-2010, 07:53 AM

Hi, Billy, I live in California right now, but grew up in Iowa along with bad storms and tornados. We bought property in TN and plan on moving there within the next year or so and know we have something to look forward to again! Growing up around tornados we know what to expect and know to pray a lot. They took our barns down to the ground a couple of times and took my best friends house as she and her family braced themselves in their basement and watched her childhood home raised from over her head and fly away to be scattered all over the county. Luckily, they weren't hurt bad except for lifetime psychological scars. I really feel for everyone there and hope you are OK. And, by the way, they DO have tornados in CA. also. Just not as many, but one went thru downtown Los Angeles and killed a few people a few years ago and one hit Disneyland, and I know they also have earthquakes everywhere, just not as many or as strong. Takes care. Our prayers are with your family.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:33 AM

Those are the rich people friend, us poor guys just have the run of the mill cookouts, with plenty of booze, and lots of fun. We bet big, a dollar in the pot and you draw a name. But, today I am betting on my own pick( with hubby) on Sidneys Candy , 3-1, and Backtalk, 50-1. Reason, Sydney is my darling granddaughter, and I've had plenty of backtalk raising four kids!!LOL
Old 05-01-2010, 08:41 AM

In east Tennessee the rain had just started. Tornado watches along the Cumberland Plateau. So far, just rain, nothing really bad yet, maybe the storm will die out before it gets to the Tennessee Valley
Old 05-01-2010, 08:45 AM

Prayers for all of you in the storms. I know we will get them soon enough. (Seems lately we have had a little of everything except fires! Even an earthquake - in Nebraska...)

I'll bet your daughter was grateful for the rescue. Dads are wonderful knights in shining armor.