Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
cat quilt inspectors and computer companions >

cat quilt inspectors and computer companions

cat quilt inspectors and computer companions

Old 05-06-2010, 03:19 PM

Both of my cats, Hot Rod and Berkley, are heavy into my quilting. Berkley sits behind my sewing machine as I sew, and Hot Rod helps me cut, measure, iron, and sew on binding.

Both also have to be involved if I am on the computer, a fight to see who can sit in front of the screen first, and then the other is on my lap.

I see that many of the avatars have cats helping. Is this really common? (I could, of course, use less help, but they are fun.)

I am sure that dogs are helpful too...
Old 05-06-2010, 03:33 PM

When I am home my cat is my shadow...lol...no matter what I'm doing. He has his own chair in my sewing room and one at the computer. He's not spoiled at all.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Pam

Dogs "help" at my house, all 3 of the buggers.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Power Poster

oh yes, i have 3 cats who follow me around. Callie mamma cat always sat on top of our old huge monitor. now poor thing can't do that. our computer crashed and we got a new one with a flat screen monitor.she's not happy!
Old 05-06-2010, 03:47 PM

Since my sewing room door is closed when I'm not in there, as soon as the door is opened all three cats and both dogs have to go in an check it out. I find on the rare times that I'm home alone, when I go into a different room, the whole gang slowly wanders in. If I go in the backyard, it's a parade that follows. They all want to be close in case I need a hand, or drop some food!
Old 05-06-2010, 05:03 PM

Our cat can be in the house and I won't be able to find her anywhere. But, let me lay out some blocks
or run the sewing machine and PRESTO! She appears out of nowhere! I can't sew anything (or so she thinks) without her!
Old 05-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Pam

I used to have a chihuahua, Fancy Pants, that wanted to sit on my lap while I sewed, of course I ignored her. She would always sit on my left toes, the ones that run the foot pedal. She knew which foot did all of the work. She never sit on my feet any other time, and NEVER on the right one.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Power Poster

My cats are always with me when I sew. And you can see by my avatar that they help me sort my fabric strips too.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:16 PM

I'm so allergic that just reading these posts is making me sneeze and my eyes water. LOL I can't imagine letting any animal on my fabric. I love our dog but only from a distance. DD takes care of her and she's an outside dog. We tried having her in the house (only the downstairs, nowhere near my fabric) but I got sick. She a hardy dog and seems to like it outside much better.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:33 AM

Four cats, four kitty beds in sewing room, plus it's not my chair - it's theirs! I have no choice about letting them in. My Rudy cat (see avatar) is part Siamese and SCREAMS if I don't let him in. After all, I am his person and he must be with me at all times. As for the others, my Squeaky will beat on the door until she pops the door handle. The remaining two, Baby Peeps and Missy, let the other two do the work (smart kitties!).

Allergies? Isn't that why they make allergy shots? Been on them for years. :-)