Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What's the WORST thing you've EVER ate? >

What's the WORST thing you've EVER ate?

What's the WORST thing you've EVER ate?

Old 06-24-2010, 04:35 PM

Fish, i was in the 5th.grade had it for lunch didn't no at the time i was allergic to it but oh the taste the Dr.my parents took me to said Thank the Lord i didn't any more than what i had or i would have in the hospital.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by varacefan
Gefilte Fish has to be the worst food I've eaten. I was on spring break with a friend in Florida and her grandparents were treating us to dinner.

Not a fan either...
Old 06-24-2010, 04:44 PM

I can't remember the worst thing that I ever ate, but I can remember the worst thing I ever drank. I was about 7 years old and at my aunt's house. Nobody was in the kitchen and peeked into the fridge. There was a bottle of 7Up that had been opened & had one of those little plastic things on the top. (If you're old enough to remember those. If not, they kept the pop fresh after you had opened it. It was when pop came in glass bottles) Anyway, I decided to open it and steal a big swig of it. It took my breath away. It burned my mouth & my throat and set my stomach on fire! I even got light headed. I made my way out to the back porch and tried to collect myself. I couldn't tell anyone, because I was sneaking it. Years later I found out that my uncle used to bring back Moonshine from Tennessee and he put it in 7Up bottles. So, that was the worst thing that I've ever gotten a hold of.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:46 PM

: - D
Old 06-24-2010, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie B
I can't remember the worst thing that I ever ate, but I can remember the worst thing I ever drank. I was about 7 years old and at my aunt's house. Nobody was in the kitchen and peeked into the fridge. There was a bottle of 7Up that had been opened & had one of those little plastic things on the top. (If you're old enough to remember those. If not, they kept the pop fresh after you had opened it. It was when pop came in glass bottles) Anyway, I decided to open it and steal a big swig of it. It took my breath away. It burned my mouth & my throat and set my stomach on fire! I even got light headed. I made my way out to the back porch and tried to collect myself. I couldn't tell anyone, because I was sneaking it. Years later I found out that my uncle used to bring back Moonshine from Tennessee and he put it in 7Up bottles. So, that was the worst thing that I've ever gotten a hold of.
You made me smile!!! ; - D Kids do get into some jams!
You poor thing...a seven year old little girl - What a SHOCK! I've never tasted or even been offered the stuff. YUCK-IE-POO!
Old 06-24-2010, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by vjengels
I am a pretty adventurous eater, so I look for oportunities to try 'different' things. Head cheese.... Every one's at least seen it, I've known of it.... know what it's made of.... finally got a chance to try it at a baby shower, of all places.... it was BAD, just as bad , or maybe worst than you would think.The texture alone would bring a man to his knees......
my ex mother-in-law loves head cheese,her grandmother in tenn,used to make it once a year when they would slaughter the hogs,me heck no,dont eat fish either,or any of the organ meats mentioned
Old 06-24-2010, 04:51 PM

Cimarron, Believe me you don't want to try it. I'm 53 now and can still remember it. Hahaha! Debbie

Originally Posted by cimarron
Originally Posted by Debbie B
You made me smile!!! ; - D Kids do get into some jams!
You poor thing...a seven year old little girl - What a SHOCK! I've never tasted or even been offered the stuff. YUCK-IE-POO!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:15 PM

head cheese Ugh :-(
Old 06-24-2010, 05:19 PM

I think the worst thing I ever tried was some sort of grilled mussel, while at the beach in Ecuador (I was a Peace Corps volunteer). I was trying to be adventurous, but I could barely hold one down, and after they came and took my plate, I heard the cook in the kitchen griping, wondering what was wrong with it that I didn't eat it.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:00 PM

Oh man, I don't even know what some of the things listed are. Some of them never should have been served to start with. The one that really gets me is the raw tomatoes. I can't imagine not liking tomatoes, especially at this time of the year when they are homegrown and fresh. Yum yum.

Liver - I like liver about every six months. I only eat it when we go to a cafeteria. My sister hates it. Even though we are hundreds of miles apart, whenever I eat it, I always send her an email and tell you about it. I can picture in my mind that she is gagging just from reading it.