Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
There is nothing I like better....... >

There is nothing I like better.......

There is nothing I like better.......

Old 07-24-2010, 04:40 PM

We are quilters and collectors....
It is cheap therapy in comparison to others.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:11 PM

My sewing machine had to go to the shop a couple of weeks ago. It was okay because it gave me time to sort scraps, pet my fabrics, smell them, admire them, and promise them that someday I would use every last piece of them in a quilt. Mam, I love fabric!!
Old 07-24-2010, 05:20 PM

When I buy new fabric I have a rule. It doesn't come in the house till it is washed. So I drive into the garage pass the washer and throw the new fabric inside washer.
If it is a batik or something I think will run I bring it in the house and fill the sink with hot water and rinse till it stops bleeding. Then wash it with a color catcher.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
LOL..the manager of the local Joann's asked me to come to work part time. I came home and told my husband..and he didn't like that idea at all. He said it would cost him money for me to work...LOL I love staying home anyway.
Peace and Blessings
I thought about working at JoAnns also but knew I would owe more than what I earned.
It would be very dangerous
Old 07-24-2010, 07:56 PM

OMG, Fabric screams at me when I walk by and notice it.."TAKE ME HOME, YOU NEED ME! I'LL BE USED BEFORE YOU KNOW IT! DON'T LOOK AT THE PRICE, JUST LET MY BEAUTY ENCOMPASS YOU. I'LL BE GONE THE NEXT TIME YOU ARE HERE, SO HURRY AND TAKE ME WITH YOU TODAY!" I often stop to touch it with a gentle caress and it purrs...."you want me, I know it!". It just drains my reserves!

I get psycho around fabric, caressing it, walking around with the bolt in my hands so no one else can touch it, eventually falling under it's spell and purchasing it. I'll order two yards and it screams out"MORE, YOU NEED MORE!", and I give in to get that extra yard and feel relief that I made the decision to take it home and give it a place of honor in my stash.

So exhilerating! LOL!

Diane
Old 07-24-2010, 08:02 PM

My best friend is very much a fabricolic. Her 5 y/o GGD is becoming one as well. The time before last that we went fabric shopping my friend kept telling her, you get to pick one thing, the rest is for me! Last time little one went back in the house to rob her piggy bank so she could buy goodies too!
Old 07-24-2010, 08:07 PM

When I get home from shopping I take the fabric out of the bag, open it up & admire it. Then into the washer, dryer then fold & put it on a shelf for a few days where I can see it. Then I put it into it's bin & start all over with a new batch! LOL
Old 07-25-2010, 04:07 AM

The most fun I have is finding someone who is selling fabric in yard sales, Craigslist and in Thrift stores. Of course you have to double check what you get but so far I have been lucky.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by reach for the stars 2
Going fabric shopping is like shopping in a candy store. It's all eye candy to me and no calories
I agree after fabric comes I have to touch it all! then rearrange it, putting this bolt next to that one or another.
seeing what makes everything pop!
Then at 2AM I wake up with an idea!
Old 07-25-2010, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by dmackey
OMG, Fabric screams at me when I walk by and notice it.."TAKE ME HOME, YOU NEED ME! I'LL BE USED BEFORE YOU KNOW IT! DON'T LOOK AT THE PRICE, JUST LET MY BEAUTY ENCOMPASS YOU. I'LL BE GONE THE NEXT TIME YOU ARE HERE, SO HURRY AND TAKE ME WITH YOU TODAY!" I often stop to touch it with a gentle caress and it purrs...."you want me, I know it!". It just drains my reserves!

I get psycho around fabric, caressing it, walking around with the bolt in my hands so no one else can touch it, eventually falling under it's spell and purchasing it. I'll order two yards and it screams out"MORE, YOU NEED MORE!", and I give in to get that extra yard and feel relief that I made the decision to take it home and give it a place of honor in my stash.

So exhilerating! LOL!

Diane
Isn't it amazing that something inanimate can have that control over us? Im the same way!! I fall prey every time.