Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
do you  have an ansley long arm >

do you have an ansley long arm

do you have an ansley long arm

Old 07-30-2010, 10:17 PM

i just got the ansley long arm and i have an issue with frame seams does any one else have this issue?

thanks
memathomas
Old 07-31-2010, 06:50 AM

The Tin Lizzie yahoo group might have a better response for you. I didn't know what an Ansley was so had to look it up. Tin Lizzie I had heard before but had no idea they have stretched one up to 26" now.

What is your issue with the frame? Many things aren't frame specific so maybe it will be an issue common to several frames.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:41 AM

it is a problem with other frames i had a new joy and i had a problem with a seam in the track so i almost never did a quilt that fit the frame (KING OR QUEEN) i did baby quilts,lap quilts and twin,so when we went shopping we both said next frame will be free of seams well my husband was talked into accepting the package of the Ansley 26inch which i did want. and the frame that came with it was the Hailey quilting frame also by Tin-Lizzie, We have adjusted it about 5 times and it is getting better but for that kind of money it should not be a problem at all. we went back to the dealer to dicuss it. they seam to not be aware there was a problem with the seam, so i started up the display model in the store and showed them they have the same issue and no one has pin pointed that seams do become uneven after the system has settled
the sales man did acknowledge the machine would coast after the seam which means the machine wants to go a little faster after it goes over the seam so it makes the stitching jump and then you have to stop and pick it out and try again . mine. comes to the seam and has a hard time passing it and skipped stitches quite a bit . the uneven seam pulls the machine and it becomes a mess you have to clean up. my quilt i just finished (I posted the picture Wednesday ) had to have two people to quilt it one running the machine and the other one was watching the front and stopping me when it skipped a stitch and pick it out it took 2 days to quilt it and it did exceed my expectations but the seams have to go.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:05 AM

my grace frame came with 3 tracks, small, queen and king, so there are no seams
Old 07-31-2010, 11:00 AM

My first frame had the seams or joins in the track also. You could butt them up against each other but like you said, the frame would settle a little and the join area would cause a slight bump in the tracks. There was an upgrade for my frame (B-Line) that was for continuous tracks. The only other solution was to permanently level and rigidize the frame by setting it on cabinet bases. Many people have changed out their pieced tracks with tile edging, closet door tracks, angle iron--anything that they could obtain that had an edge for the pulley type wheels to run on like train tracks.

Replacing the tracks with some type of continuous edging material or rigidizing the base of the frame would seem to be the only fix for your frame as well.

My new frame, a SuperQuilter ProFlex uses a different method as do the Hinterberg Frames--the wheels run on conduit not tracks.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:09 PM

this one has rubber like weather striping in a grove for the sensors the machine has to sense movement to run on the lizzie stitch (stitch regulator) it's all a pain but my dh said it was still a problem tomorrow he would take the carpet out and it would be on cement (basement) it would mot have a lot of settling to do that way, but i m calling the dealer monday it will be their problem now

mema
Old 08-01-2010, 08:04 AM

I wanted hubby to put little squares of wood under the legs on my B-Line to keep it from sinking into the carpet but he decided all it needed was leveling feet screwed into each leg--wrong! On concrete, it will be able to "walk" so be sure to put non-skid pads under each leg. I would prefer the carpet over concrete myself and just put a little piece of plywood or something under each leg. Extra support under the center of the frame should help, also. I know that would have helped my B-Line.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:47 PM

we did the wood shims and leveling the feet it's not happening i really don't think i should put up with it DH is doing every thing he can think of each time a little more of this or that i think the dealer and tin Lizzie should answer some questions for me and any one else with this problem.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by memathomas
it is a problem with other frames i had a new joy and i had a problem with a seam in the track so i almost never did a quilt that fit the frame (KING OR QUEEN) i did baby quilts,lap quilts and twin,so when we went shopping we both said next frame will be free of seams well my husband was talked into accepting the package of the Ansley 26inch which i did want. and the frame that came with it was the Hailey quilting frame also by Tin-Lizzie, We have adjusted it about 5 times and it is getting better but for that kind of money it should not be a problem at all. we went back to the dealer to dicuss it. they seam to not be aware there was a problem with the seam, so i started up the display model in the store and showed them they have the same issue and no one has pin pointed that seams do become uneven after the system has settled
the sales man did acknowledge the machine would coast after the seam which means the machine wants to go a little faster after it goes over the seam so it makes the stitching jump and then you have to stop and pick it out and try again . mine. comes to the seam and has a hard time passing it and skipped stitches quite a bit . the uneven seam pulls the machine and it becomes a mess you have to clean up. my quilt i just finished (I posted the picture Wednesday ) had to have two people to quilt it one running the machine and the other one was watching the front and stopping me when it skipped a stitch and pick it out it took 2 days to quilt it and it did exceed my expectations but the seams have to go.
I ahve that same Grace Hailey frame and I hve had no problems gliding smootly over the seams. My husband helped me set p the frame and we made sure it was very level from one end tot he other.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:43 AM

I have an Ansley 26 with the Hailey frame. I don't seem to have those issues. Mine are different. I have the previous model with the black encoder wires. My frame came with only one place to hook up the encoder and when I talked to TinLizzie rep they told me that there was a hook-up on the carriage. Of course there isn't and now I have to contact the dealer to get that problem fixed. I have quilted a couple of projects in manual stitch and am happy with the results. Now I would like to get the stitch regulator fixed so I can use that.