Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 09-16-2010, 04:43 AM

April, first of all i am sorry for making you and several others here cry, it wasn't my intention when I told the story, but I guess sometimes life is just so moving. Thank you for wanting to include my beautiful grand daughters name in your quilt, her name is Abygail Irene, we call her Aby but I just love her whole name. Irene is a family name and I think it is just beautiful. She will be so proud when I tell her, we call quilts kekes in our house and she will be so happy that her name will be on your keke. We have a place called Meijer Gardens here in Grand Rapids and every year they have a beautiful live butterfly display and we always take Aby to see the butterflies.
Fryguy, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your son. I know sometimes life is scary, but I truely believe that we are never given more than we are able to handle. Usually knowing helps us to be better prepared and to fight stronger. Good luck to you and yours and we will all be thinking of you.
We are all making and receiving so many beautiful blocks, our quilts are going to be the most beautiful in the history of this board. I can't wait to see the final products.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:36 AM

i know how you feel. my son had some serious behavior problems and anger issues. i found out last year that he has asperger's syndrome which explains a lot of his issues. i hope all goes well and will be praying for everything to turn out good for you!

tracy

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
I made a mess of the two blocks I tried to make tonight.

I am sitting here wondering how I can avoid facing the day tomorrow. I have been trying to figure out what is 'wrong' with my son for 10 months, and tomorrow they will tell me but it turns out that I don't want to know anymore :( How sad is it that I hope they say his issues are due to bad parenting? :thumbdown:
Old 09-16-2010, 07:09 AM

I made a mess of the two blocks I tried to make tonight.

I am sitting here wondering how I can avoid facing the day tomorrow. I have been trying to figure out what is 'wrong' with my son for 10 months, and tomorrow they will tell me but it turns out that I don't want to know anymore :( How sad is it that I hope they say his issues are due to bad parenting? :thumbdown:
My prayers and thoughts are with you today. I hope you find peace in knowing and believe it's half the battle. One day at a time ... *HUGS*
Old 09-16-2010, 09:32 AM

Morning Ladies.

Received a gorgeous block from Hoppy frog. The block is called could be Christmas from Quilter's cache. thank you Hoppy Frog, I love it.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-113958.jpe  
Old 09-16-2010, 01:46 PM

It wasn't as bad as I thought! No Autism. He has learning disabilities and they made it seem like it could be made better. He will have numerous therapies each week but it is doable and will, hopefully, be successful.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:51 PM

We received a wonderful block from montanablu today. My sister and I really like the coordinating color and the design. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-72756.jpe  
Old 09-16-2010, 02:03 PM

It wasn't as bad as I thought! No Autism. He has learning disabilities and they made it seem like it could be made better. He will have numerous therapies each week but it is doable and will, hopefully, be successful.
I am happy for you, kids are amazing, a lot of love and persistance and they succeed, one day at the time and keep in mind that we are here for you.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:10 PM

Fryguy, I am so happy that the news wasn't as bad as what you were anticipating, hopefully you all will not have to overcome as much as you were fearing. Just remember you never are alone.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
Morning Ladies.

Received a gorgeous block from Hoppy frog. The block is called could be Christmas from Quilter's cache. thank you Hoppy Frog, I love it.
kwiltkrazy that is one beautiful block!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 02:43 PM

fryguy that is great news! counseling and therapy will help a lot. sometimes kids act out when they dont understand things! if you ever need anyone to talk to just holler... i know what you are going through!

tracy