Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Upcoming Quilt.......or Disaster!!!! by Danmar >

My Upcoming Quilt.......or Disaster!!!! by Danmar

My Upcoming Quilt.......or Disaster!!!! by Danmar

Old 08-03-2010, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene
I think this is great. Trying to get the pattern perfect for someone is a lot of the fun of quilting. I do have one question to ask all of you...I keep seeing the EP5 and EP6, is this a program for the computer or the sewing machine, or both?
EQ5, EQ6 and now there's EQ7 - An Electronic Quilting program that allows you to design quilts, and so very, very much more. Here's a link (I'm not a salesperson, just helping give you info :))
http://www.electricquilt.com/Shop/EQ6/EQ6.asp
Old 08-03-2010, 11:14 AM

I felt just like you before I finaly finished a baby quilt that I had done before it felt like the one from h--- and was not happy with finished quilt. Carhop
Old 08-03-2010, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by danmar
I realize this is pretty long, but I just think it's a funny story with all of it's changes. So, what do you think?
Do you think there are too many colors, or should I say too many similar colors? Would you like to see what I do along the way? or should I just post a picture of it when I get the top all finished? It's up to you.
Marilyn
I applaud you and your patience. My goodness. No way would I be able to do a quilt for her as I doubt I'd have the patience. Will love to follow this process though and see the finished quilt. Good luck and she sure is lucky to have you and not me doing this for her.
Patty
Old 08-03-2010, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by klgreene
I think this is great. Trying to get the pattern perfect for someone is a lot of the fun of quilting. I do have one question to ask all of you...I keep seeing the EP5 and EP6, is this a program for the computer or the sewing machine, or both?
It's EQ 5 and EQ6. It is actually "Electric Quilt 5 or 6" and now EQ7 is out. Just newer versions. It is a "Complete Quilt Design Software" program for your computer. You can read more about all the stuff it does at www.electricquilt.com. I haven't learned all of it yet. I haven't even finished doing the lessons. But it's great for me, when I'm trying to show people what they could have in their quilts. I've never used it to really "design" a quilt. I just put blocks on it that I have decided on using out of their library or draw my own and color them in for a finished look to show people. I've only done that 2 times.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:17 PM

Oh, of course we want to see the step by step process. It would also be cool if you could do a tute on having patience with others. Smiles and hugs
Old 08-03-2010, 04:11 PM

I'm not sure any amount of $ is worth going through all that!! You're a saint!
Old 08-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

You are a saint. I guess we will know what you are doing if we don't hear from you for a while. Please show pictures slong the way if you find time.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:41 PM

Maybe you ought to pay the money to someone to teach her how to make her own quilt? Otherwise, you need a contract to rein her in. Sainthood is really overrated. Especially when you are bald. It just isn't a great look for all those statues and things. :-)

I know, you can hire Guido the Quilt Enforcer to "fix" the problem. Then she can not only quit changing her mind but clean your house (toilets included) for the next 60 years. :XD:
Old 08-03-2010, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by lab fairy
Maybe you ought to pay the money to someone to teach her how to make her own quilt? Otherwise, you need a contract to rein her in. Sainthood is really overrated. Especially when you are bald. It just isn't a great look for all those statues and things. :-)

I know, you can hire Guido the Quilt Enforcer to "fix" the problem. Then she can not only quit changing her mind but clean your house (toilets included) for the next 60 years. :XD:
Toilets! Do you happen to have Guido's number?
Old 08-03-2010, 05:19 PM

Keep us posted on the progress, show us pics. please. This should be very interesting. Good luck, if all else fails you could use all of the colors and make her a log cabin or a strip quilt lol.With all of her changes you have the patience of Jobe. Better yet have her come over help her cut the patterns out and show her how to quilt her own quilt and you may have to charge her for your time. lol