Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 11-08-2010, 08:39 PM

Hello... well since I've dropped 10 lbs since January....ok the last 5 have been on and off multiple times...I keep starting each day afresh.. because I cannot redo yesterday or the past in anyway... all I can do is change my outlook for the future.
Rather than make a block for each pound I lose, I have 136 blocks already constructed for a quilt I started for my daughter when she was 15...she's now 30. For each pound I lose, I will sew another block in place. I only have 45 pounds to get to my goal weight so I may have to do rows or something. I would like to get this quilt completed and my other daughter's quilt (started at the same time) finished... I only have one block of it put together... so I could do that too :D or is that cheating???
Old 11-08-2010, 09:01 PM

for LaurieE "So far I've passed up 1 Coke urge."

Have you tried Coke Zero, I used to love Classic Coke, and now when I need my Coke I have Coke Zero-it tastes like Classic Coke.
Well I have my first yard of fabric for washed to start my Cathedral Windows. My home scale isn't the most accurate so I'm trying to figure out where I might have an option to weight in with an accurate scale once a week or so.

Lunch tip: I wanted to pack a healthy lunch so I wouldn't have to rely on the vending machine. And had limited choices here at home. I did have a can of condensed Tomato soup. I mixed it up put some in a container and added about 1 1/2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables. At lunch time I heated it up (with added time to ensure veggies were cooked) and was happy to have a healthy lunch. I do try to keep a few extra bags of a variety of frozen veg. in the freezer. They are an easy way to add to leftovers and bump up my veggie intake, especially if the leftovers aren't quite a serving.

I hope by this weekend I will have a few of my CW patches to post.
Drinking water first before indulging in something you might want to skip is a good tip, Thanks Lauriejo. btw I think of you every morning someone in our office has a full color print out of your avatar next to our coffee pot.:-)
Old 11-09-2010, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by starshine
Drinking water first before indulging in something you might want to skip is a good tip, Thanks Lauriejo. btw I think of you every morning someone in our office has a full color print out of your avatar next to our coffee pot.:-)
I guess that's better than having my picture on the wall of the post office! LOL
Old 11-09-2010, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Leota
Hello... well since I've dropped 10 lbs since January....ok the last 5 have been on and off multiple times...I keep starting each day afresh.. because I cannot redo yesterday or the past in anyway... all I can do is change my outlook for the future.
Rather than make a block for each pound I lose, I have 136 blocks already constructed for a quilt I started for my daughter when she was 15...she's now 30. For each pound I lose, I will sew another block in place. I only have 45 pounds to get to my goal weight so I may have to do rows or something. I would like to get this quilt completed and my other daughter's quilt (started at the same time) finished... I only have one block of it put together... so I could do that too :D or is that cheating???
I so know what you mean about that 5 pounds that have lost more than once. I seem to be stuck in that zone. I am doing my best to break out.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:31 AM

Tomorrow is the day! I have decided to jump back on the weight loss bandwagon tomorrow. I finished my fertility meds today (just took the last pill!) so tomorrow I'm free to do as I like. I'm going to start the day with a walk around the block. DH said he'd go with me but let's see if he's willing to leave our warm bed. lol Either way, I feel good about getting back on track. I also REALLY want to make more blocks!! lol Thank you to everyone who has been there for me. Trying to get pregnant is a series of ups and downs. I hope these meds work.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
Tomorrow is the day! I have decided to jump back on the weight loss bandwagon tomorrow. I finished my fertility meds today (just took the last pill!) so tomorrow I'm free to do as I like. I'm going to start the day with a walk around the block. DH said he'd go with me but let's see if he's willing to leave our warm bed. lol Either way, I feel good about getting back on track. I also REALLY want to make more blocks!! lol Thank you to everyone who has been there for me. Trying to get pregnant is a series of ups and downs. I hope these meds work.
I will be praying for success!!!!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
I will be praying for success!!!!
Praying that God blesses you with a little one soon.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:24 AM

Thank you! I pray everyday! I can't wait to have a little "mini-me" running around. lol
Old 11-09-2010, 10:51 AM

Have you tried Coke Zero, I used to love Classic Coke, and now when I need my Coke I have Coke Zero-it tastes like Classic Coke.
Yes, I have. I didn't like it. I've tried Diet Coke too but it has a nasty aftertaste.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by LaurieE

Yes, I have. I didn't like it. I've tried Diet Coke too but it has a nasty aftertaste.
A few years ago I went on a weight loss program, was not a big coke drinker, and I found the Diet Coke and Coke Zero not to my taste, so tried Pepsi Max and was pleasantly surprised and it didn't make me feel bloated like most other carbinated drinks.