Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Quilt block of the month for March, 2007 - Blazing Arrows - Instructions & Discussion >

Quilt block of the month for March, 2007 - Blazing Arrows - Instructions & Discussion

Quilt block of the month for March, 2007 - Blazing Arrows - Instructions & Discussion

Old 03-13-2007, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Country Quilter
Well, I got my tracking number for my fat quarters yesterday and Fed Ex won't be bringing them until Thursday, so I have to wait longer to do mine...I hate waiting! LOL
See how upset I am about this! I posted this twice! LOL
Old 03-13-2007, 05:38 AM

I was looking for another block to replace one in a sampler I am working on and I like your March BOM. If you do not mind I will make one along with you, but not be in your BOM just yet.

Loves_2_Quilt
Old 03-13-2007, 06:18 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by loves_2_quilt
I was looking for another block to replace one in a sampler I am working on and I like your March BOM. If you do not mind I will make one along with you, but not be in your BOM just yet.

Loves_2_Quilt
anybody who wants to use the blocks we post is welcome. the only thing you'd be doing by adding your name to the list is letting us know you're playing along to some degree and putting yourself in line to pick the block when it's your turn.

we are making the blocks for ourselves, so nobody will know the difference or get shortchanged in any way if you "sign up" but don't make all the blocks. we'll post our finished blocks if we want, and won't if we don't.

any swapping or passing around between players has to be done independently. not part of the "rules" for this. in fact, there are practically no rules at all. just these:

1. have fun
2. watch for copyright restrictions if we link to block patterns instead of posting patterns we make ourselves.
3. have fun
4. make what you like; skip what you don't
5. have fun
6. pick your own fabrics and colors
7. have fun
8. adapt recommended construction methods to suit yourself
9. have fun
10. post if you want to and have the technology; don't if you can't or would rather keep the results "hush hush"
11. HAVE LOTS AND LOTS OF STRESS-FREE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:22 AM

Hope its ok that I don't get started on this until next week. I have one more big show this weekend-and its a big one. Thousands of people and I'll be outdoors(in Montana). Pray that the weather is somewhat nice.

But it shouldn't take me but a couple of hours to put this block together.
Thanks for letting me join along.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:28 AM

I did an outdoor show in Montana in August once and got hailed on. But at least is was warmer. I'm shivering for you.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:32 AM

Where was the show at? I do a big one in August too. Since I do alot of celtic stuff, I set up at the AnRiRa Irish Fest. I've been hailed on, rained on, snowed on. When you live in the mountains, its the chance you take.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:50 AM

So Kathy,
Add your name to the list. We need more people. We are working for the perpetual BOM club here! The more the merrier! And according to Patrice we're to have Fun! Fun! Fun! :D
Old 03-13-2007, 08:00 AM

thanks yvonne but i'm having too fun already i just didn't want y'all to make an 11 block quilt LOL or for poor patrice to have to doulble up.
i'll just watch this time.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:38 AM

Call me odd, but the # 13 has never freightened me, & today is the 13th, so if you don't mind, I'd like to join the list. I have been reading the forum since day 1, I just don't post much. (I usually read from my desk during lunch or a quick break.) I love the way y'all worked out the "picking order"! Great team work!! I have a question I didn't see addressed . (BTW, shorter threads are a good idea!!!) I know the skill levels vary quite a bit for the members of this forum, so my question is... Are there any techniques or skill level we should avoid or, by contrary we should tackle to help share expertise and encourage skill advancement? (the latter has my vote.) I have found over the years, I tend to avoid learning new techniques until I absolutely HAVE to, which is usually when I've bought all of the fabric for a super-king size quilt & feel QUITE obligated to see it through. For example, I learned the curves of a double-wedding-ring after purchasing a zillion fat quarters, the precision of paper-pieced New York Beauties by (basicly) paying the light bill for my local quilt shop in exchange for a half yard of EACH batik in the building, and applique by, yep, you guessed it... Baltimore Album- I loved the idea of brights on black, so I bought the entire bolt... just in case she didn't order more. Yes, I admit freely, I am a fabriholic. But my logical explaination is... #1- I work to support my habit; #2- I am investing fabric into my stash bank for retirement. (I have actually instructed my husband where it is to go if I die before I can use it all, although I guess I could put it in my Will- so it doesn't end up in a yard sale or worse... as dusting or oil rags!!) Ok, I'm off topic. My original point is, some of us, either through such little spare time, lack of someone experienced enough to help us learn, or whatever reason, sometimes need a push. However, I'm ok with keeping it simple if y'all prefer it that way. Majority Rules! Oh, & I'm sorry I got so long-winded. :oops:
Old 03-13-2007, 09:50 AM

I just got back from Joannes. I initially went to find an open ended thimble, could'nt find the one I wanted so I bought somemore quilting needles (I keep bending mine). I couldn't help myself, I bought some fat quarters too. I bought 4 sets of different colors. I'm going to make our BOM quilt a scrappy quilt. Every month will have a totally different color scheme and I'm going to embroider [quilters name, month, and year] somewhere on that block. I'm so excited. They're in the wash now. Can't wait to get started.
Attached Thumbnails 200903-fenced-corn-beans.jpg