weird fears or aversions

Old 11-30-2010, 06:30 PM

the use of the title hero used in sport--small moths ok with all other insects????---heights even on tv ??
Old 11-30-2010, 06:36 PM

For me, it's soprano opera singing. I know it's very difficult, and those women practice a lot to get their voices to do that, but it just really irritates my ears. It's physically uncomfortable for me.

Also, it's completely distracting when someone's teeth are unnaturally white, unnaturally straight, or unnaturally large.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Marilyn6
Trimming fingernails in public & letting the clippings fly anywhere.
Oh yes, must agree with you here. DISGUSTING
Old 11-30-2010, 06:54 PM

I have inner ear problems so certain noises make me spastic. Have just learned that the back window of my car let down more than 1 inch makes a reverberating sound that doesn't bother anyone else in my family (I am the only one to hear it). Yesterday I was driving with my DS & DGS. DGS put window down while we were on the interstate and it was like someone was jabbing my ears with icepicks. I immediately clamped my hands over both ears. Not a good thing to do when you are driving at 65mph. DS grabbed the wheel and I elbowed the window up button. He said I was screaming... The window stays in the locked position now!!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:00 PM

Anybody chewing gum! Especially when they "pop" it!
And bad grammar! (English heritage, I suppose.)
Old 11-30-2010, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by jemma
the use of the title hero used in sport--small moths ok with all other insects????---heights even on tv ??
Oh, good one. Like so-called "celebrities". What have 99.5% ever done that their lives should be celebrated? I've never heard of them!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:54 PM

I am hypersensitive to noises my daughter somehow seems to eat through her nose that is the best way I can explain it. My husband never did this before but now he will crunch his chips before he closes his mouth I just cannot stand to hear people eat plan gross I stopped eating kit kats because of their comercials!
Old 11-30-2010, 08:38 PM

Heights..over bridges scares me and I close my eyes, which is why no one will ask me to drive them certain places. Heights..in a high building, or on top of a high ladder I simply can not force myself up on the roof of my house, and my son says the same. I can, however, happily climb a tree or mountain, feel okay in the high wilderness or on big rocks...come to think of it it's man made stuff that scares me.
I have absolutely no idea of what the Golden Gate Bridge looks like from a car, even though I've been over it several times, always with my eyes closed and hoping that if we fall we'll catch in the webbing of metal that holds it up.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:29 PM

loud noises, bright lights, crowds (I get panic attacks), fart jokes

I especially hate it when someone says "Sooz! Do you have a minute?" It usually means that I have to stand in one place and hear a 15 minute dissertation on something I'm not the least bit interested in and I was on my way to the bathroom cause I have to pee really bad!!

Or the classic.... I get up during a commercial and DH says "OH! While you are up would you get me a .....?"
Old 11-30-2010, 09:32 PM

the feel of Popsicle sticks or the tongue depressors it gives me the shivers just to think about it.
The other thing I get grossed out at the thought of taking a bath - even in my own home.