Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do y'all shop Keepsake? >

Do y'all shop Keepsake?

Do y'all shop Keepsake?

Old 12-15-2010, 07:00 PM

how does one get such beautiful signatures on their notes?
Old 12-15-2010, 07:03 PM

Arn't they connected to Fons and Porter's or at least they carry their quilting kits for the quilts in their magazine? Anyway, I too like to order from them. I think they have a big sale going on now on the kits, etc.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by ewesful
Keepsake is owned by Fons and Porter.
Yeah, I just discovered that when another board member mentioned it. I hate to say this but it takes a little of the pleasure out of it for me to know that they now own it. I've become disenchanted with Fons & Porter since they have so obviously become "quilting moguls." I won't say any more because that's not the kind of thing this thread is all about. But I had the vision that it was a sort of mom & pop business that had grown into a wonderful success over the years. Anyhow, it's still a great place to get some good buys (when they're having a sale) on lovely fabric. 8-)
Old 12-15-2010, 07:23 PM

Wow I'm excited just listening to you all. I just ordered their catalog yesterday. Can't wait to see what I've been missing. yahoo.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by Janet My
I have ordered from them also. A few years back and also recently. I don't remember the shipping time frame back then but this recent order took almost 2 weeks to get here. I was not in a rush and would never pay extra for shipping anything. I ordered from 4 different places on the same day. The Keepsake order was the last to arrive. Beautiful fabric.... no complaints there at all. Love to look at and drool over the catalog when it comes. LOL
It's true that their mailing seems to take longer. It took two weeks for me to get mine also. But apparently I wasn't in a hurry because I had forgotten all about it by the time it arrived.

:-D
Old 12-15-2010, 08:18 PM

I have not yet ordered anything from Keepsakes, but with all the praise I have read I should try then...I did make my first order of thread and some beautiful material from Connecting Threads...it was fast and I ordered enough that there was no shipping charges...the material is beautiful...can't wait to start a new quilt. Has anyone had any problems with Connecting Threads?
Old 12-15-2010, 08:43 PM

I've ordered from them but not for a while. Their catalog is great. Their fabric is very good quality. I love their scrap bags. I do find that they are a little more expensive than others. And...there's always that pesky shipping and handling thing.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bev
Originally Posted by ewesful
Keepsake is owned by Fons and Porter.
...But I had the vision that it was a sort of mom & pop business that had grown into a wonderful success over the years.
It was owned by a lady that lives in Wolfeboro and she is semi retired now. Yep, still a fun place. I may see what their New Year sale is like this year.

piney
Old 12-15-2010, 09:29 PM

I have been so wanting to order from them, but was afraid I wouldn't like the quality. Now I know I'll be ordering. thanks for the info.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tropical
I have been so wanting to order from them, but was afraid I wouldn't like the quality. Now I know I'll be ordering. thanks for the info.
Their fabrics are all name brand...Moda, Kaufman, Hoffman...all the regulars you find in any LQS. They don't have their own brand of anything (not like Connecting Threads), they just make up the medleys and kits from name brand fabrics. They are really just an LQS that went global thanks to the internet, but to us up here they're still just an LQS. No need to worry about quality at all and if you're ever unhappy with anything, you can return it at any time for any reason, no questions asked.