Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners" >

Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners"

Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners"

Old 12-28-2010, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetness
BTW...I don't know how well any of our group knows each other or not. But I don't know any of you (I only tend to spend time online/quilting in the winter months it seems). So I thought I'd start off with a little about me and hope that each of you would do the same :)

My name is Lori, I live in Houston, TX. I was born & raised in upstate NY and have lived in Houston for 9 years (TX - almost 14). I am 39 (in May I'll be 40 eeeekkk!). I'm a contract manager for The State of Texas. I have lived with my boyfriend for 9 years, we're both previously divorced and not sure we want to wander that path again. Kind of it it's not broke why fix it? We don't have any children, but furbabies (kitties inside & dogs outside). However, none allowed in my sewing room (I know I'm a mean mommy!). I started quilting in 1995 however with work & life I don't do it as often as I would like. I'm really more of a piecer as I still send my stuff out for quilting. My favorite colors are purple & green...I'm definately not a pastel person. I'm really excited about this swap, but extremely nervous too!

I probably left stuff out...if you want to know anything else, just ask :) I just started to feel like I'm babbling!

Lori I gabber alot also! In little spurts. I don't know anyone in this group either.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:17 PM

I am Karen, I am 52, by BD is in March. I am not so happily married to a truck driver. I started hand-piecing 2 years ago and LOVE quilting. I have 4 dogs and a cat that live in my tiny house. They are always under foot! Sorry to say there is no way to keep them away from my sewing area, because it is also the living room-dining room combo. I do smoke and will do my very best to keep it outside, until I completely quit.
I do not work outside the home. I collect vintage sewing machines. In November one of my quilts was selected to go in a book. I am still waiting for it to come back home from getting pictures taken.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:02 PM

Way to quiet here....hmmmmm, is everyone asleep?!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:02 PM

lol...last night I actually was! I think I'm fighting a cold or the flu or something nasty like that. The silly weather here freezing one day, 70's the next...just trying to keep from getting totally pulled under. At least there's no more work for this year :) Going to try finishing the cleaning I started on my sewing room & get a little time behind the machine these next few days!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:54 PM

I understand the cold thing...the flu is aweful. I have been fighting it for 2 weeks now. We are having the strange weather also. it is supposed to be 60 here tomorrow and then
and drop down in the 30s. Stinky. Enjoy cleaning and playing in the sewing room! Hope you get to felling better soon. Take care of you.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:28 PM

I am so excited!!! My featherweight will be here next week!! I am going to wait to start my row until she is here!
Old 12-31-2010, 12:24 PM

Ladies Hello.... Sweet Sixteeners is a great name. Sorry i didn't chime in sooner but with the holidays and grandkids time got away from me.

I love stars but I haven't decided my fabric yet either but I'm leaning towards marbles or batiks and scrappy. This is a first for me and I think I was put into a GREAT group. I can't wait to visit more with you all.

Talk to you soon. Christina AKA Frogquilter
Old 12-31-2010, 12:29 PM

About myself.....

I'm 42 and live in Kansas. I was a military spouse for years and sewed curtains and such until i met Marian. She is my quilting mentor. I have become very involved in our local quilt guild and have served on the board for the last 4 years. :)

I have 3 children and 2 grandkids and 4 dogs, my furry children. We just moved in Oct to a new house and my sewing room is finally upstairs and not in the basement. Yeah!!! I find that I am getting so much more done now.

I work for a bank and sit at a desk all day on the computer which is why I am bad about getting on it at home. :( I will work on that.

bye for now...
Old 12-31-2010, 01:15 PM

Hello ladies,
I was out of town. But I'm back. Here is about me.
I'm 63 years old. Mother of five, grandmother of 7. I'm married to my second husband, the father of my youngest child. I was born and raised in Mexico, the great grand daughter of an anglo-saxon Californian sailor who emigrated to the southwest part of Mexico and married my great grandmother.
I live in So. California and work as a graphic designer with my husband. We have a small book printing company.
I have been sewing for 30 or more years, but started quilting just one year ago.
I have been to several block swaps in another forum, but this is my first Row Robin swap and also my first swap in this forum.
I'm very excited with this project. Some nights I stay awake because my mind is wandering on different possibilities for my blocks and I find myself wishing it was morning so I could start sewing. lol.
Happy New Year to you guys.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:23 PM

So glad to meet you both!

klarina...graphic design, that must very exciting! Have you published any of your books?