Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners" >

Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners"

Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners"

Old 12-27-2010, 06:25 AM

Hey Boopers!!! Oh so, you're one of THOSE over achievers :p Thanks for the support, I know I'll be looking :)

Short & Sweet - Hey there :) I'm at 610/Beechnut and dang it's COLD this morning *brrrr*
Old 12-27-2010, 07:49 AM

I had read on another thread about sending something for each person to write in. A little something about each person that works on the top, it would be a keepsake that would go with the quilt. I thought it would be a nice memory. Maybe add pictures of the quilt in the making. I can keep pictures from here on my computer and then print them out, I think most people can do that. The thing is going to be finding a small enough notebook, not to add much weight to the package.
maybe use notecards, then put them in a small picture album.

The stars aren't bad to make, that is what I learned to piece on.
I have been told that paperpiecing make your points easier. I believe there is a tut on here about stars.

I am worried that I won't be able to get the Celtic done right, it is a thing in my head! Although I do have top notch help around here to help if I get hung up. Charlotte Bull, my teacher, is excellent at hand applique...I have not found anything quilty she hasn't done!
Old 12-27-2010, 08:22 AM

Another question ..are we staying with the 60 day turn around? I hope so. Also will we mail in the order you have listed us?
Would I get Christinas first? mine would go to Kathy? Kathys to Lori? Loris to Sylva? Sylvias to Christina? Just want to make sure I don't mess up right off the get go.

Can't wait to see pictures!!
Old 12-27-2010, 08:38 AM

That's a cool idea Karen. Maybe we could even do a virtual one and email it to our person when we mail off the quilt to the next person? It could include pics and stuff. Then the owner can print off an journal/scrapbook however they want it? That wouldn't add any extra postage.

I'm definately planning to send a label with mine.

Anyway...great ideas, we just need everyone here and we can decide. If you want a written book (which I don't think would add much postage cost wise) & it's okay with everyone...WOOT!

I just sent private messages to Frogquilter & Kathy N., to let them know we're all here, I figure they maybe busy with holidays :)

Yes ma'am. I personally need the 60 days to get mine ready! But yes, I hope that everyone will stick to the schedule barring "life" issues because we do get a lot of time to work on them. If someone has a problem I just ask that they let us know so we can work with it.

In regarding to how we'll exchange...you're right again. I set them up in alphabetical order just so it would be easy from the get-go!

I was just waiting until we got the rest of the group here and got our name situated before I moved on to that...didn't want swamp the others. But I see you're like "me" (hehehe) and like the details and organization, so I'll post the months list in a minute.

So glad it's slow at work...I should be doing something else, but I'm too excited by this swap & the other one (Boomerang 4.0) that I'm doing. I'm printing out all the rules and setting up calendars. I'm soooooo OCD!
Old 12-27-2010, 08:56 AM

Mail By Dates

TUESDAY - 02/15/11
FRIDAY - 04/15/11 (note PO might be busy taxes due)
WEDNESDAY - 06/15/11
MONDAY - 08/15/11
SATURDAY - 10/15/11

Mailing Order

Frogquilter to Karen
Karen to Kathy N
Kathy N to Sweetness
Sweetness to klarina
klarina to Frogquilter
Old 12-27-2010, 09:13 AM

Sweetness thank you for the quick response. I have to finish one quilt, then I can do my blocks. Then post pics!
have a great day everyone!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:35 AM

Hello Team,

I agree with the virtual journal and I took note of the mailing calendar and order.

Regarding the label, I found a tutorial to make small labels for our quilts.

http://www.psiquilt.com/2010/01/sigg...-tutorial.html

We could make 5 each and mail one with each of our rows. This way the fabric on our labels would match our rows.

Tell me what do you think.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:55 PM

klarina that is a great idea, Little labels to match the rows. I checked out the tut, it is the one we used for the siggie swap that Norbana hosted. I was thinking of using the same fabric from the row and making a mini block with an area for our information. I know that is probably to much huh? You'll find I get carried away with projects!!

I don't quite understand the virtual journal. How is that done? Or I guess the question would be where would we do that? Would it be a private area just for our group to use? or open for the board to use also?
Old 12-27-2010, 08:07 PM

Sorry ladies...I actually did some work this afternoon (at work...gee how unique, lol) and then had a horrible sinus headache so took some time away from the computer.

klarina - that's a great idea. i think in regards to an actual label we can leave that up to each individual. some may want one, some may not, everyone might have a different idea. As long as each person conveys what they want, I think we should able to meet those needs in this rather small group. What do you guys think?

karen - basically i was thinking for instance we could make notes (on the computer - much like you would in a written journal) and attach any pictures to it, then email it on to the owner when we mailed their quilt to the next person, etc. just a thought on the journal spin you brought up.

hope you ya'll have a wonderful evening. i've got my electric blanket warming the bed and i'm heading there soon!
Old 12-27-2010, 08:20 PM

BTW...I don't know how well any of our group knows each other or not. But I don't know any of you (I only tend to spend time online/quilting in the winter months it seems). So I thought I'd start off with a little about me and hope that each of you would do the same :)

My name is Lori, I live in Houston, TX. I was born & raised in upstate NY and have lived in Houston for 9 years (TX - almost 14). I am 39 (in May I'll be 40 eeeekkk!). I'm a contract manager for The State of Texas. I have lived with my boyfriend for 9 years, we're both previously divorced and not sure we want to wander that path again. Kind of it it's not broke why fix it? We don't have any children, but furbabies (kitties inside & dogs outside). However, none allowed in my sewing room (I know I'm a mean mommy!). I started quilting in 1995 however with work & life I don't do it as often as I would like. I'm really more of a piecer as I still send my stuff out for quilting. My favorite colors are purple & green...I'm definately not a pastel person. I'm really excited about this swap, but extremely nervous too!

I probably left stuff out...if you want to know anything else, just ask :) I just started to feel like I'm babbling!