Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
UFO Challenge of the Month 2011 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2011

UFO Challenge of the Month 2011

Old 11-04-2011, 07:29 AM

This will be good for all of us. With the purhcase of my new longarm, I will not have money for fabric so will have to use up and finish all these projects started.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:12 AM

Count me in. I haven't even counted how many I have because it's so many. This is be the kickin the pants I need.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:11 PM

Default Baby quilt finished!

Started this last year, finished the top never finished it. A few weeks ago I recieved a baby invite for a shower for my great niece. Amy is having a girl and she is going to be named Clair Yvette (Evet). Just finished in time, shower is tomorrow at 3pm. I love the little blue cows.
Attached Thumbnails 035.jpg   032.jpg  

Last edited by frostbaa; 11-05-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:31 PM

Count me in!! I have 3 UFO's right at the top of my head (oops.. 4 DANG IT) that I was hoping to get finished and placed in their new homes for Christmas. Yes.. a kick in the pants with a fun challenge attached to boot!

Do we win a car if we win?....LOL Off I go...watch me sew... (HEY...that rhymed!)

Frostbaa..
Very cute baby quilt!
Old 11-05-2011, 03:34 PM

QuilterMomma..
I'll trade you ALLLLLLLLLLLL my fabric stash for your new longarm! Then you'll have plenty of fabric to sew on... will that work for ya?...hehe
Old 11-05-2011, 03:51 PM

I think I can, I think I can; choo, choo!

Oops; I thought this was for 2012. Ha-ha on me!
Old 11-06-2011, 06:33 AM

I just saw this in the challenge section. What a great idea! I have only been on this board for a few months but never clicked on this for some reason. I just recently took something out of my closet that I started last year and put away because it wasn't going well. It's a fall table runner and I originally had it in mind for a friend but it went all wonky. So into the closet it went and has lived there for over a year now. sigh I did make one for him (it is actually my avatar) which came out much better but I feel bad for the one I originally started - it's sort of like one of the misfit toys. LOL I am now back to working on it and I'm going to keep it for myself warts and all. Hope to finish it before Thanksgiving and if so, I'll post it here as my UFO for November.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Highmtn View Post
QuilterMomma..
I'll trade you ALLLLLLLLLLLL my fabric stash for your new longarm! Then you'll have plenty of fabric to sew on... will that work for ya?...hehe
No, sorry, I have so much scrap stash, I will be using the new longarm to quilt as I go to use those up. I figure by then, I will be able to actually see the yardage fabric so I can get some projects done.

As for projects, I am cleaning up the garage and my sewing area to get a handle on my ufos. So far I would like to finish those cut up projects. So let me list and then I will report to check off each one:

There are Six completed quilts that just need binding
1: Cowgirl quilt
2: Plate quilt
3: Diamond Scrap
4: Sisters Choice with names autographed
5: Snowman wall hanging
6: Nativity scene wall hanging

Then we have little projects to finish:
1: Turkey Table Runner
2: Dress Form Pincushions - 15 of them cut and ready for craft show
3: OFW table runner
4: 2 Scrap bag holders
5: 3 Ball men forms made, just finish, one is a snowman, turkey, pumpkin
6: Braided table runner

Then, I have a project from a round robing to finish making a twin size quilt for may daugher.

Now, these are only the projects that are in my sewing area and I have not even started the garage yet. I will report those when I clean the garage today and get ready for the new lonarm to come in. That inventory is going to be even larger. I think this forum will have to continue past the 2012 year and maybe into 2013 so I can get them all done. Now we know why I do not need to buy any fabric till machine paid off because I so many projects to finish, that there is no need for any more till done with these. LOL anyone else with me?
Old 11-06-2011, 06:50 PM

Ok, now to update after the garage is cleaned up, the grand total of projects in process (WIP) is 131. NOw I do have a problem here. I collected my other stash and there is just a small cupboard that has fabric for anything else. No wonder I had to go shopping for fabric when I started another project, there is nothing there!. I do have a bunch of scraps that takes up one large cupboard and a big 55 gallon tub. Now, I will definitely be doing scrap quilts as well. So how best to tackle this issue?
Old 11-07-2011, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Ok, now to update after the garage is cleaned up, the grand total of projects in process (WIP) is 131. NOw I do have a problem here. I collected my other stash and there is just a small cupboard that has fabric for anything else. No wonder I had to go shopping for fabric when I started another project, there is nothing there!. I do have a bunch of scraps that takes up one large cupboard and a big 55 gallon tub. Now, I will definitely be doing scrap quilts as well. So how best to tackle this issue?
Wow! 131! You may need an intervention.