Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-14-2011, 12:18 AM

Thanks for all the hints and support.
I did pretty well just had a small slice of banana bread and some air popped popcorn and jasmine green tea. It's after midnight here so I'll do a quick check on other postings on the board then off to bed
Gail
Old 01-14-2011, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by cjomomma
Stop talking about fast food!! You are making me want a burger and chili cheese fries. Good thing my van is in the shop and it's way too cold to walk to town. LOL!!
LOL! Okay I will shut up and talk about fruit. Or Fruitcakes which really just means I will talk about myself. LOL!!

Missy
Talk about eating fruit cakes, the thought of fruit cakes could kill anyones appetite!
Am I the only person in the world who loves fruit cakes? Edie
Old 01-14-2011, 05:11 AM

I feel like I lost yesterday. I was so exhausted I fell asleep at like 8:30, then I literally couldn't get out of bed this morning. Usually the aches and pains wake me up every couple hours so then I can stretch out some. I have been up for 2 hours and I am just now starting to work out the stiffness from all that sleep. Now to catch up with this thread!

Lisa I am sending you hugs and prayers. Hopefully today will be a better day.
Carrie the quilt is beautiful! I love all that pink and red.
Tru I don't know what to say. Except that we love you and our lives would be diminished without you.
Jennifer I remember carrying baggies of Cherrios when my DS was a toddler, never thought about doing it for me LOL! Love the pics, especially the one of the three of you.
Gwyn I really like all of your tips, I think I will print this out and post it in the kitchen. When I am tired and craving something I can never think this clearly.

Hopefully today will be a little brighter (and lighter) for everyone. And a little warmer pretty please!
Old 01-14-2011, 06:02 AM

Gwyn, thanks for all the tips. May we all have a good day of making healthy choices. I best get off this computer and get to work. Later, Sandy
Old 01-14-2011, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Edie
Stop talking about fast food!! You are making me want a burger and chili cheese fries. Good thing my van is in the shop and it's way too cold to walk to town. LOL!!
LOL! Okay I will shut up and talk about fruit. Or Fruitcakes which really just means I will talk about myself. LOL!!

Missy
Talk about eating fruit cakes, the thought of fruit cakes could kill anyones appetite!
I love fruit cake. Mine are never low fat, or sugar free. They are stuffed with real fruit soaked in hard cider, butter, spices. A one pound loaf is made in one of those individual size bread pans and costs a fortune to mail. After the cake is cooked and still hot you pour a TBS of hard cider over it every day for a week. It is so moist it slices very thin. I could eat it all day. It is also made using sourdough started. Yummy
Old 01-14-2011, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Edie

Missy
No, I love them too. I make them every Christmas.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Sweet Cravings: First, don't keep the ones you crave in your house. Ban chocolate or ice cream or whatever will get you going. They litterally call you from the cupboard..."I'm here, eat me, you know you want me..." Well, remember what happened when Eve forgot to run the other way? Right and we all bear the brunt of the fall.

Second: Go outside and walk around. Yes, put that coat on and get some fresh air. Your body may be craving energy and sugar is a quick solution. Get a bit of exercise.

Third: Take a shower or soak in the tub. Drink a tall glass of crystal clear water with a slice of lemon in it and plenty of ice - Sonic and McDonalds have the best ice for crunching, in my opinion. Or, find some clean snow and give yourself the thrill of eating it.

Fourth: Go to the local beauty college and have your hair washed and blown dry, get your nails done, have a facial or best of all, a warm oil scalp treatment.

Fifth: Remember...NOTHING tastes as good as being slender(skinny, healthy, under control) feels.

Sixth: If nothing has worked, walk to the second closest convenience store and buy a small package of M&Ms. Eat them slowly as you walk home...then give the leftovers to your kids.

Does that help?

If you are craving because your blood sugar is low, try brushing your teeth with minty toothpaste. It helps mine come up just enough for me to get a grip.

If your blood sugars are too high or spiking, you may need to be on an oral medication for diabetes.

And you can always go back to tea time for the 3:00 - 4:00 munchy time. This has helped me the most. I am now off sugar and sugary things. Chocolate doesn't even smell right any more. Although, that cup of home made cocoa with a bit of peppermint was really good last night.

Don't get me wrong, I don't do this perfectly, but you asked for suggestions so I gave you a few. Be nice, it is !:00 am and I need to get off the computer and go to bed.
I was once told when you crave sweets, eat a pickle!!! Then you have to worry about the salt content! Oh well!! My WW leader says never to deprive yourself---eat just a bite or two.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:06 PM

I hate this!!! WHY is it that you can be on here one day and never get another post for a week or so and then you have to go hunting for it!!?? It's not just this thread but several and it's not just me but other people too! I'm sure it has to be the ISP but how does one correct it!? ANyway...dadgumit! I've lost 10 lbs!!! I'm so excited I had to tell someone and then I remembered...The Board!!! I've been busy cleaning up and getting ready for a move and this has helped a lot. I love vegetables, chicken and fish...fruit is great but can get expensive at times. But oranges have been affordable here for a while. A Lemon toxic cleanse is good for the mornings in place of coffee. When I seen the weight going down I started walking on my tread mill and doing my buttrolls! Ok, I'm done...Just had to share this!
Old 01-14-2011, 12:11 PM

10 pounds, wow!! That's an amazing accomplishment and I'd be excited, too. :thumbup:
Old 01-14-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
10 pounds, wow!! That's an amazing accomplishment and I'd be excited, too. :thumbup:
THANK YOU!!! I am very excited. I've always been told by my family that I can lose it easier than anyone they've known. I reckon it's been a Lazy thing with me, having arthritis and fibro it's gets rough at times but then I got to thinking that if I lose this weight the diseases would get easier to handle...I hope!! I know it's isn't much but 10lbs, I think of 10 lbs of potatoes...thats heavy! Now I'm even more determined! :XD: :thumbup: