Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-07-2011, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Hi all Well I never got to take our walk today a neighbor stopped by and by the time he left it was time to start dinner. DH went up to market to pick up fruit for breakfast and also brought back half a carrot cake. Yes you guessed it I had a small slice and it was really good but after I felt like I failed myself.
Well all i can do is try harder tomorrow.
Nite all
Gail
Don't be so hard on yourself. A treat everyonce in a while isn't gonna hurt besides it had carrots in it.
Thanks your sooo right !
Old 01-07-2011, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
Thanks Missy and Jennifer. I have the weight watcher scale. I love that it gives more than a hole number. It gives the . whatever number. It's a mental thing with me. Just seeing that extra .1 or . something behind a hole number makes it seem like more lost. I am so psyched to keep doing good.

Jennifer your turtle block is so cute. That's a good idea.
Sandy - I have the same scale. It's all a numbers game. Take it slow - do mini goals. I found that 10 pounds was a LOT for me, so I work in 5 pound incriments. That seems to work for me. For me, it seems to be if I only have to lose 4.2 pounds or whatever it's better than 9.2.. Just my 2 cents.

I like turtles too. :D
Old 01-07-2011, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317
Jennifer
Where did you get the pattern for the turtle? I think alot of people on here will want to make their own.

Lisa
It was actually a print on a fabric that I had. I just put fusible interfacing on the back, cut it out and then fused it to the muslin center.

I *think* the fabric was from The Rag Shop (now out of business) or JoAnns (years ago). I don't remember where I got it - I can look though. If I have enough after I cut out 100 turtles I'd be happy to give anyone some turtles.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:45 AM

Man, when you miss any amt of time on here, you come back to pages and pages. I love it! The posts here keep me motivated and going. Thanks everyone for posting so often. Thanks Missy for your much needed humor!!!

Yesterday I went for physical therapy. As I walk up to the counter to sign in, the receptionist was eating a scrumptious looking dessert. Well....that got my mind to racing, thinking how I would love to have some kind of dessert. Thank goodness I couldn't leave for the next hr or I probably would have made a quick dash to the bakery. During my hour of PT, I got to thinking about how good I have done this week with my food choices and exercise. I do NOT want to set myself back a week. So I had an hr to talk myself out of eating something fattenting. When I left PT, I came straight home, where there is nothing fattening to eat. YEAH me!!!!

I wasn't going to weigh myself until tomorrow, with tomorrow being 1 wk of dieting, but decided after the close call of bakery goods yesterday, I should weigh myself to see the results of my doing so good. I am thrilled........I have lost 5.7 lbs. YEAH ME!!!!!!! I was at 257.1 this morning. My next goal is for 8 lbs, which will get me out of the 250's. I am now so psyched up into doing good. Go away bakery goods!!!!!! I will NEVER see 262.8 lbs on my scales again. NEVER!!!!!! Sandy
Good for you I'm also thrilled for your loss 5.7 is huge keep it up maybe those fq are in your future. Hugs
Gail
Old 01-07-2011, 10:38 AM

Someone else said the other day they have already lost 11 lbs. Even if I don't win FQ, I'm just thrilled to be part of this thread. It is so encouraging and motivating. I love it! It is wonderful to have someone share this journey with, instead of trying to do it on my own. No fun there. Hope eveyone has a healthy day. Sandy
Old 01-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Banned

Someone else said the other day they have already lost 11 lbs.
no it looked like 11 it was actually 1 and 1/2 but they had it 11/2
Old 01-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Someone else said the other day they have already lost 11 lbs.
no it looked like 11 it was actually 1 and 1/2 but they had it 11/2
Whew!! I thought I'm out of the running but now I have a fighting chance.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:22 AM

haha. thanks for clarifying Tru. I was wondering how someone could have lost over 11 lbs in a few days, unless they were sick with major tummy issues.....
Old 01-07-2011, 11:24 AM

Yay I'm still in the running!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:54 AM

Almost one week down and I'm doing very well. Sunday my daughter and I begin a new way of eating, something I've never tried before, so I hope to be truly successful this time. She can't win the FQs though because she doesn't quilt :)