Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
The Cobbler's Kids.... >

The Cobbler's Kids....

The Cobbler's Kids....

Old 01-25-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tweety2911
Originally Posted by happymrs
Here is the one on our bed. First big one I made, the center rail fence blocks came as strips, then we added to it from there. Still on our bed now, love it! Picture date says 97', which means, I have been quilting longer than I thought, cool!...
Love the colors and your dog is so adorable, love his fur color also.
I treaures his pics now, we lost him last May, unfortunately, & he was only six & a half. His spleen & liver swelled up, & even with surgery to remove his spleen, he died a couple of days later. He will always remain a special gift in our hearts. We think this was a health, unknown to us, he developed sometime earlier in his life. He was a Jack/Shitz mix, very smart & very sweet. He was the baby the two of us never had together. Thanks for commenting on him!...
Old 01-25-2011, 05:49 PM

No because I have an old cat that throws up a lot and sleeps on my bed. Plus our dog sleeps with us and loves to have her ball or stuffed pumpkin with her. I would not be able to bear seeing any of that on any of my quilts. I wish I could.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:55 PM

Mine are all on my kids and grandkids beds! I started a broken star for myself about fifteen years ago, and that quilt is NOT GOING TO LEAVE THE HOUSE!!!!! (Solution: If I don't finish it, no one will want it!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-25-2011, 08:11 PM

quilterella; your quilt is magnificent; awsome; inspiring!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:16 PM

had the fabric for several years for one for our bed. its still in the closet. but everyone I know has one!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:33 PM

I have made 3 bed size quilts,( 1 king size, 2 queens,) 1 is in the guest bedroom, 1 I gave away and 1 in the closet, no pics. I am currently working on a UFO from 1999/2000, mostly I do wall hangings, etc., small items so something gets finished.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by miss_ticky2
ok, here we go..the green one is the first one I made for our bed and the cream one was next and is on the bed at the moment :)
Both of your quilts are very nice.....having said that, I think your white quilt is very elegant :thumbup:
Old 01-25-2011, 08:51 PM

I do!

there's a quilt i made on my bed (along with a purchased quilt, a purchased blankie, and a purchased comforter - i need three blankets, the bf gets his own.)

Also, we have a quilt on the couch that we use, plus my turtle scrap quilt I cuddle with on the couch.

I also have a few in a tub that we use when people stay over or it gets really cold.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-168211.jpe   attachment-168212.jpe  
Old 01-25-2011, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Oh yes! Both of my kids have at least four quilts of various sizes. I'd have to say they like the ragged flannels the best--my son has one, daughter has two, hubby has one. Right now my son and his new wife live in a trailer, so most of their quilts are here being stored until they are ready for them all. Oh--they both have their ragged flannels. :wink: My daughter is in her last semester of college, so has "Kayak on the Lake" here until she's in her own apartment. I have tow quilts I rotate on my bed, a fall log cabin--one ot the top two favorties I've ever made--and a spring color one. Hubby has three quilts on his bed--(now that the kids are gone we each have our own bedrooms due to snoring, etc) his CW, his ragged, and another one I made he loved. So--yup--no cobbler's kids here. Everyone is covered under lots and lots of loving stitches.

Every time I make a quilt I ask the daughters if either wants it first--then I decide if I'll offer it for sale.

We also have three lap quilts on the couches... but I prefer the afghan my daughter made me. :wink:

I'll post a few pics--but skip the ragged flannels...
Oh my!! They are all beautiful...love the log cabins
Old 01-25-2011, 09:09 PM

Nope, not one quilt in my house. :(
I'm new to quilting and have only made a table runner and a set of place mats so far. Still shying away from trying my hand at one for a bed. Not sure if I or my machine could handle such a big project. I have an oversized king bed and I think I'd need to have it quilted which I'm sure would cost way more than I can afford.
I do love to look at all the beautiful ones here and am amazed at the awesome work you all do!!