Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 06-29-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
I may borrow some ideas from this quilt for the border on my AOTH. I love the idea of 2 part hearts without the innie points.
You and me both. And I really liked the way they look. And they should be sooooooo much easier.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:49 PM

Can I still start the AOTH? Back on Jan when it was announced to star on June I bought the book and background fabric. Soon after I started to see blocks and more blocks and I never started thinking we were starting in June. Here I am now, missed already 4 weeks and looking at the pretty blocks you girls are doing. I don't think I will be able to catch up. Is anybody there that just started or will start soon?
Old 06-29-2011, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by leakus
Can I still start the AOTH? Back on Jan when it was announced to star on June I bought the book and background fabric. Soon after I started to see blocks and more blocks and I never started thinking we were starting in June. Here I am now, missed already 4 weeks and looking at the pretty blocks you girls are doing. I don't think I will be able to catch up. Is anybody there that just started or will start soon?
jump in, Andrea, whenever you like :) I just started my second block ... You will notice that many many have JTG [jumped the gun] :( which makes some of us feel left behind and :mrgreen: and some of these wonderful women are simply "overachievers" ....now Lesley or Kathy [one of them] is it true you are making two of them??? :?: 8-) if you look at the photo gallery you will notice a couple of nearly completed AOTH :hunf: however, I dare say most of us dont fit there - so I invite you to join the part of this funloving group that lags just a little behind :roll: :D :-o You will love it here :thumbup:
Gus Gus
Old 06-29-2011, 05:27 PM

Jump right in Andrea. I am a member of the JTG club, but have really slowed down recently. Everyone is working at their own pace. Once you get started, you will not want to put them down.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:29 PM

So Sorry to here about your Brother, That it was so quick and all is very hard, Lean on the Lord and your quilting to keep busy. I didn't quilt when we lost a family member and it was real Hard on me especially. Keep on Quilting!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by leakus
Me!! I haven't even picked out my fabrics yet!!! I have the background fabric but not the fabrics for the appliques. Just remember this: with all these gorgeous blocks already finished by these speed demons we will have the advantage of getting LOTS of great ideas for OUR blocks!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D
Old 06-29-2011, 08:24 PM

Jump on in, Lea - we alredy have you on "the list." It's never too late to start.

Cre8, I think You may be thinking that I am making 2, but I am only making1. I had started out making 7" blocks with machine applique & bobbin work. Didn't realize that I was a border-line perfectionist & didn't like the way the bobbin work was turning out. So I started over. I had finished all 36 blocks, just not the embroidery. I now have 13 of the center unit blocks finished & embroidered - 10", hand appliqued & hand embroidered. I should have just stayed with the 7" & the machine applique, but I really like to make things hard on me!!!

I do remember that someone was going to be making 2 each in a different color scheme. I believe Obsessed (Sara) was going to do 2. She is using a cream background with pinks & purples. Her 1st block is her avatar & it's beautiful!
Old 06-29-2011, 11:14 PM

Andrea - I'm still on my first block.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:16 AM
Power Poster

Jump on in !!!! I did jump the gun, but I've slowed down and haven't touched mine for a few weeks. I tend to get stuck in the thought process of changing the designs of patterns. Then I have to just stop and let it stew for a little bit. I've done that now and just started working on Block #1 last night.

You aren't behind at all really! It ain't no race...LOL!!
Old 06-30-2011, 05:55 AM
Power Poster

Andrea, if you are convinced yet to go ahead and start, here's the coupe de' gras...I started a block, started over...done a block in different colors...and finished the embroidery part last night, and am now taking out part of that embroidery!
Someone said they thought I was a perfectionist, but I've never thought so, simply bc my stuff is surely not perfect!
I think I am just obsessed, compulsive and can't sleep for thinking about how something looks!!!!
oh my...I said obsessed and compulsive almost together! :roll:
I saw my block all night, BUT...by morning knew what I didn't want...lol...now to figure out what I DO want. :)
At least lagging behind, we avoid some of the bumps in the road the others have come across. thank you JTG - ers, we love you for that :thumbup:
Welcome aboard!
btw...lol...curious...how did you get your nick?