Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011  NEW >

Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

Old 02-20-2011, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by marcias
Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
OMG, I'm obsessed and it's all your fault ;-) I'm up to 104 finished blocks and I still have charm squares waiting. I've been snowed in for three days now with more coming tonight. As long as I have power I'll sew my little fingers to the bone, yah.
Thanks for getting me motivated again.
Shelley, you go girl! Wow..104 finished with more to come. Where's the pic? When you have the time in between blocks, pls.

:thumbup:
Well that was before last night. I made a dozen more. I can't stop.....they're too much fun. I don't have any idea how I'm going to use them but I'll probably mix them with blocks from several swaps I've done and use them as charity quilts. They'll be very very colorful.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:32 PM

I keep getting dropped from this topic for some reason and have a difficult time finding it again...
Old 02-20-2011, 03:40 PM
Power Poster

I am working on 6 1/2" squares. Using batiks and white with a design for my quilt. Will post a picture when I get a few more completed. I agree that pinwheels are addictive.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ceil
I keep getting dropped from this topic for some reason and have a difficult time finding it again...
At the top left of the page it says "bookmark".
Click that and when you come back the third line down at the top click "my bookmarks" and all your bookmarked topics will come up. Click on the pinwheel project one and you will be here.

I optioned out of getting any emails so that's what I do.
Or you can check My Posts top right to see where you have posted before and get here that way.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:20 PM

Love to see all these great pinwheels! I'm plugging away on mine but not nearly as fast as a lot of you.

It's day 10 so everyone should have at least 10 done.
Keep up the good work all!
:-D
Old 02-20-2011, 07:24 PM

I was suppose to have another 8 completed today, but I sewed them all to the wrong side. Not only that, I sliced them on the diagonal too. Now, let's see if the feeder eats up my points when I resew them together! :cry:
Old 02-20-2011, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
Originally Posted by Ceil
At the top left of the page it says "bookmark".
Click that and when you come back the third line down at the top click "my bookmarks" and all your bookmarked topics will come up. Click on the pinwheel project one and you will be here.

I optioned out of getting any emails so that's what I do.
Or you can check My Posts top right to see where you have posted before and get here that way.
Thank you so much! This is a great board but there's a lot to learn about navigating (let alone quilting) !
Old 02-20-2011, 09:08 PM

I need to do some catch up only have 5 made. DH and I have been looking for sewing machines. I will get caught up I promise. Everyones pinwheels look great.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:57 AM

Sewing tip for pinwheel junkies.......Try sewing5-6 squares in a row 1st,leave pieces together,turn to sew other side,clip apart sew tops of each all in a row,then sew last row......I hated the turning around at each corner and this works much faster.Now I can catch up.....

5' squares sewn on right 1st.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]130250[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-130245.jpe  
Old 02-21-2011, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mary O
Sewing tip for pinwheel junkies.......Try sewing5-6 squares in a row 1st,leave pieces together,turn to sew other side,clip apart sew tops of each all in a row,then sew last row......I hated the turning around at each corner and this works much faster.Now I can catch up.....
That's the way I do it!
I tried sewing all around one block but found I couldn't judge that 1/4" from the edge to turn. Either started the seam too fat or too thin! :-D