Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed >

March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

Old 03-23-2011, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Originally Posted by dream56
Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
My Pal's package is on it's way. Headed for the Keystone State.
Hopefully it will arrive by the weekend.
It was me and it is here. Love all my goodies. Robin did a fabulous job with my package. I got 10 embroidered butterfly squares and matching fabric to complete the project. No excuses to not getting it done. Also I got 5 FQ's of Springy fabric, a Bed Runner book, a water bottle cooler/carrier, small ceramic bunny, and pkg of east bunny chocolates. And all wrapped in batting to top things off.

Thansk you so much everything is awesome.

You Welcome :)
I am so happy you enjoyed opening your package. I can't believe it arrived so quickly, I sent it off Monday. Must have have super charged pack mules at the Post Office.

Those Post Office people know we are anxious and can't wait to get our goodies. Especially boxes so they sped it right through. Maybe they didn't light us stalking them. LOL
Old 03-23-2011, 09:54 AM

Love those embroidered butterfly squares Dream56.......what a great item to add to your SP package............two thumbs up.......
Old 03-23-2011, 10:13 AM

I haven't seen my SP sitting on the bench.
They said the package would arrive Friday.
A whole week! Maybe they were driving it themselves
Across the country! I guess she's the silent-patience type.
Don't dismay, it IS coming!!
Old 03-23-2011, 10:19 AM

Those butterflies are GORGEOUS!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:29 AM

YAY...I'm off the bench...got an awesome package from Nurse Bonnie...I got 6 gorgeous fabrics, a bobbin holder with pin/needle rest attached that I LOVE, a table runner pattern, chocolate bar, needles, emery board and quilters marking pencils. I told Nurse Bonnie that I had been keeping my bobbins in a little container and every time I take the lid off, they fly everywhere; so the bobbin holder is just great. Thanks again for such a wonderful package :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-173896.jpe  
Old 03-23-2011, 12:23 PM

I knew I was in for a crappy day today, and it lived up tp my expectations and more having been poked and prodded by more people and in more places than I want to remember. I just wanted to come home and go to bed.
As I slumped up the front walked a saw a large white box at my door, my pace quickened and the rigors of the day washed away as I saw it was my Squishy from my swap pal Aurora!!! I grabbed it best I could and struggled wit my walker to get inside, I know some of you like to wait and relish te moment...not me!!! LOL I ripped into it. I'm afraid my pics won't do what I received justice..I got:
hemostats
my favorite Lindt chocolate
the coolest knit pin cushion I have ever seen, fully loaded with flower head pins!!
7 YES SEVEN!! fat quarters of the nicest fabric I touched in awhile.
A plastic storage box that will come in handier than you realize, if I took a larger pic of my table you'd see what I mean LOL
and a lovely and written note
Thank you soooooo much Aurora you made my week...heck you made my month!!!
David
Attached Thumbnails attachment-173911.jpe  
Old 03-23-2011, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by davidwent
I knew I was in for a crappy day today, and it lived up tp my expectations and more having been poked and prodded by more people and in more places than I want to remember. I just wanted to come home and go to bed.
As I slumped up the front walked a saw a large white box at my door, my pace quickened and the rigors of the day washed away as I saw it was my Squishy from my swap pal Aurora!!! I grabbed it best I could and struggled wit my walker to get inside, I know some of you like to wait and relish te moment...not me!!! LOL I ripped into it. I'm afraid my pics won't do what I received justice..I got:
hemostats
my favorite Lindt chocolate
the coolest knit pin cushion I have ever seen, fully loaded with flower head pins!!
7 YES SEVEN!! fat quarters of the nicest fabric I touched in awhile.
A plastic storage box that will come in handier than you realize, if I took a larger pic of my table you'd see what I mean LOL
and a lovely and written note
Thank you soooooo much Aurora you made my week...heck you made my month!!!
David
That's awesome David, what a magnificant pin cushion, would you take another closer up picture for us to see? The fabric is stunning, see it pays to be patient :mrgreen:
Old 03-23-2011, 12:41 PM

absolutely, it IS amazing!!
David
Attached Thumbnails attachment-173918.jpe  
Old 03-23-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by davidwent
absolutely, it IS amazing!!
David

David,

You are very welcome. It was a joy getting your package together, as well as refreshing to select items for a male. This is really great fun sending packages and making new friends.

I love knitting those pincushions and giving them as gifts, they are so useful.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by KrystelsQuilts
I got my squishy! KellieG sent an awesome squishy ... I loved everthing and yes of course the chocolate was the first to be nibbled on! She also sent me the neatest little purple finger pincushion... However its not in the pick cuz it was on my finger at the time.... I had to use it...I LOVE IT thank you so much Kellie I really needed that smile Saturday :)
Krystel, so glad you liked your package. I had a great time shopping for you and making the things I did for your package.....

I am now officially on the bench...although......we got 6" of snow last night, and our back door was slightly ajar, with the wind as bad as it was, my husband had to shovel the snow inside the house!!!! he took out 5 snow shovels of snow out!!!! What a mess...will be waiting inside folks in my sewing room instead of on the bench, but you all can join me here!!!!!