Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed >

March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

Old 03-16-2011, 12:47 AM

Ok well I have been up for way to long tonight so instead of setting on the bench I am bringing my lawnchair chase lounger out... Blankie and a pillow. Someone wake me up if you see the mail man......yawn...
Old 03-16-2011, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Gosh you all. SOme people send a few things, some one, others more, etc. I love everything I get. I tend to send more because I am always buying things on sale etc and can shop in my own room. LOL. Except for the candy things. LOL. And sitting on the bench folks, I don't think I would go there until after the ship date has passed. Might gain too much weight eating all those goodies you make. :):):) Hope everyone who gets something will post or let the host know so she can post the new swap.
I know I'm not getting on the bench yet. I already have to lose the holiday pounds, why add more!

I know my SP won't forget about me. Shipping day is Saturday, I give a week or two after that before I go to the bench. If I start a diet now, I may break even!
Old 03-16-2011, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by raggedyann
hi everyone!!!

a huge-amongous thank you to my swap partner janet(JSNOMORE) for such a fun swap this month!!! i really loved everything--the handmade pincushion, the fabric in beautiful aquas, the sewing bookmark--adorable! and the QUILTERS CANDY!!!! now i don't get to enjoy candy too much because of nut allergies, but this is my kind of candy! i've never seen anything like it--i took a special close up so you can all see how stinking cute the quilters candy is!!! oh and buttons--i just love buttons...and a calendar...i'm probably forgetting something, but i am just so excited!!!

and the best part is that janet has a special connection to my town--her grandfather lived 10 minutes away from me for over 50 years!!! what a small world!!

anyway, thanks again janet and let me know if you are in town--we can meet for some good italian food!

Ooo...ahhhh... I love these colors and the quilter's candies are SO cute!! And just LOOK at those buttons!! WOw! Such a great package! They have all been so wonderful this month! I'm looking forward to mine coming! ; ) Adorable pincushion! Handmade touches are so nice in these swaps. Is it filled with walnut shells?
Old 03-16-2011, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Hi, its been a while since I got my squishee.... I have thanked Liz aka Helen, but have only just found the camera! The house is in a total mess, can't find anything, due to renovations!

The thread is delightful.
Great threads.. great colors... GREAT idea!! Who wouldn't just LOVE to receive these!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-16-2011, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Aurora
Picked up a package at the Post Office yesterday. I am always so surprised when I receive one because my brain is more focused on getting things together for my SP.

These packages are always so full of the most amazing things, and just when you think you've got the best one another one shows up with things so surprising and special, I cannot believe my luck.

Great Aunt Jacqui sent things I would never have thought of receiving, but boy am I happy she thinks of things I could not imagine receiving:

Three batik FQ's, a bar of her favorite soap (can't wait to try it), some red fabric (always a necessary color in my book), paper seashells loaded with wildflower seeds (will be great in my wildflower garden -- I think she might have made these herself -- even better!), a small hand cutting mat (for those necessary quick touchups by the sewing machine), a seam guide (which was on my wish list -- how do they know these things?), and of course, dark chocolate (which along with a glass of red wine maintains my piecing sanity).

I am as happy as a cat in a sandbox!
Won't it be nice to plant those seeds and have a gift from your pal all summer long?! What a nice idea! Another super duper package! I just love looking at all of these! That little cutting mat is perfect! Beats dragging out a big one for a little project!
Old 03-16-2011, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by ginnie6
and here's a pic of mine....the big piece of fabric in the back is an apron and placemats. Oh and there was chocolate too that is not in the picture...the kids and I were busy with it :-) I can't wait to try the clips on binding.
Wow! Looks more like Christmas! An apron and placemats?!!! Looks like pretty spring colors in them too! Such nice things! Did your pal make them? (I'm guessing YES!!)

It's a yucky rainy day here and I've enjoyed seeing everyone's packages this morning! Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-16-2011, 03:35 AM

Going to the post office today to mail out my SP package...Just under the wire....that is not like me at all, I usually send mine out waaaay early, but was waiting for a specific fabric that is her favorite to arrive...I have today off of work so today is shipping day to MT....P.S. I was off of my computer all weekend and came back to 15 pages of posts, love this swap, everyone is getting such nice packages!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2011, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by raggedyann
hi everyone!!!

a huge-amongous thank you to my swap partner janet(JSNOMORE) for such a fun swap this month!!!

anyway, thanks again janet and let me know if you are in town--we can meet for some good italian food!
Wow, I'd say you hit the jackpot!
Old 03-16-2011, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by hoppa
what is considered a basic quilters stash special.

Jeff
Notions, like thread, needles, (hand and machine) seam rippers, small scissors, ( my LQS carries the cute stork scissors for $4.95) tape measure, patterns, (Joanns sometimmes has free ones by the cutting counter) rulers, cutting mats, I got several of the small rotating mats sometime before Christmas for gifts at 50% off so they came to about $8.00 each. little bags/cosmetic bags to carry things with you, fabric marking pens, thimbles, etc.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:24 AM

I just checked my confirmation number and my squishy to my Secret Pal is out for delivery!!! So if you live in Canada be on the look out!!! :thumbup: