Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room) >

Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room)

Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room)

Old 07-11-2011, 11:39 AM

What a great sewing room! So jealous! Thanks for the great tutorial.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:53 PM

Thank you thank you thank you for the wonderful tutorial. I am busy organizing my fabrics. I could start a quilt shop! I can't believe how little the amount of fabric looks, when it gets wound onto the board, unbelievable. At last, my storage will not look like a bomb went off inside of it :)
Old 08-27-2011, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by ploverwi2
Please, could you tell me what you used for boards. I don't see that anywhere. It must have to be pretty strong to hold the fabric. I would appreciate your help with this question.
I have a friend who uses the plastic mesh that some ladies use for yarn stitching crafts. She buys the large size and then cuts it to the lengths she needs...sometimes getting more than one from one plastic sheet. It works great for her and looks nice, too.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:04 AM

Thank you
Old 08-28-2011, 03:00 AM

Your room looks like a quilt shop. Nice to be able to see all your stash like that!
Old 08-28-2011, 10:48 PM

I have never seen such a beautiful stash!! Great job.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:45 AM

You have made my day! We are constructing a free standing quilting haven for me and I really appreciate your ideas! Will do my little stash as you suggest so I can get some more! Would love to see your other work surfaces too!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:52 PM

I have never seen anyone's stash so beautifully organized. You get a standing ovation from me! It is really so beautiful to look at even just by itself. Helps you through those long, dark Alaskan winters I would bet! It must be great to see at a glance what you have to work with. I am bookmarking this and learning your techniques! Thank you for the Tutorial and your very clear photo illustrations - wonderful!
Old 08-30-2011, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
This is my last 2 pix. This is my ceiling under construction as DH puts in 9 recessed cans to brighten my room. Woo Hoo!! This will be wonderful. If you all want to see my big board (for on top of my ironing board) he built please let me know that too!
Thanks for all the encouragement to get this posted, I hope this is helpful and if you need any more help I am just a plane away. I am just itching to be somewhere warm. :lol:
Warmly,
alaskasunshine :-D :-D :-D
I love it! I am embarrassed for anyone to see stash. I am going to bookmark this and get started, maybe then I will know what all I have. Than you!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:13 AM

I love how you organized your quilting room. This may be a dumb question, where did you get the cardboard to wrap your fabric with? You could glady come here. Today in Phoenix it will be 113! To hot for me, but my husband loves the heat. I am also on a budget. My craft room has shelves something like what you have but they are filled with craft books. So I am going to see what I can do to get more shelves. Great stash and it is so neatly done :lol: :lol: :thumbup: