Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
CLUE #1: Mysi's Mystery! >

CLUE #1: Mysi's Mystery!

CLUE #1: Mysi's Mystery!

Old 01-03-2011, 12:26 PM

Missy: I decided that I am going to have to buy some focal fabric. I want to do at least the full/twin and I need at least 2 1/4 yds. So.... I have some ideas that I want you to look at before I purchase them. I know that I am getting a late start, but when I finally get the fabric that I need, I will catch up. I might still take Gwyn up on her offer if she has enough focus fabric in the beautiful birds. I know that there are too many colors, but we can pick the best ones.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Attachment-152765.doc (426.0 KB, 150 views)
Old 01-03-2011, 01:32 PM

Judy: I love browns and aquas together!!!! Beautiful!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:24 PM

I am loving everyone's progress so far, I can't wait to see the quilts we end up with..so exciting!
I finished the 120 pieces for the one side, and starting to work on the 120 pieces for the mirror image( full size quilt), but here is a photo of a couple completed units.

Missy, thanks for organizing this for us. I am loving it!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-152799.jpe  
Old 01-03-2011, 02:33 PM

candi, ohhhhhhhhhhhhh so pretty,your colors are wonderful!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by judy363905
this is my results for Clue #1
Judy! Awesome, I didn't think that the 3D geese would work in this instance!! OMG! That is a great job!!! Did you cut the square to a 2 1/4? and do it that way? I like it! :) ... writing profusely for the 'betterment' of the quilt... this is why I love this place!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by sawsan
Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by Georgia girl
I am confused by the number of pieces. How many finished pieces of clue #1 should I have for a queen size? Thanks.
Georgia Girl, if you follow this link, on page 3, Missy posted how many pieces each size needs for first clue. It looks like for Queen Size you need 168 pieces for each side, for a total of 336 pieces. Check out this here:
http://mysimystery.files.wordpress.c...y-revised1.pdf

Page 3 has the number of pieces.
Ok, here is the deal, you need a total of 168 pieces finished as in a triangle in the middles of them.. I needed to 'mirror them' so we had to cut 168 per side. In this way we will have the total we need.

Missy

U need 168 squares + 168 rectangle with the /
and need 168 squares + 168 rectangle with the opossite shape of line as diagonal
U will have 336 units like gees fly in the middle
Mine and others in pade 2 this thread
Good luck
Old 01-03-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Carsey
Missy: I decided that I am going to have to buy some focal fabric. I want to do at least the full/twin and I need at least 2 1/4 yds. So.... I have some ideas that I want you to look at before I purchase them. I know that I am getting a late start, but when I finally get the fabric that I need, I will catch up. I might still take Gwyn up on her offer if she has enough focus fabric in the beautiful birds. I know that there are too many colors, but we can pick the best ones.
Carsey! Those are awesome!! I love it! here's the colors that I am drawn to.. Fabrics 2,3,5,11,10,7,6. let me know what you think. :)Well done on the post too! Like the way it was put together.

Missy
Old 01-03-2011, 03:10 PM

I am loving everyone's progress so far, I can't wait to see the quilts we end up with..so exciting!
I finished the 120 pieces for the one side, and starting to work on the 120 pieces for the mirror image( full size quilt), but here is a photo of a couple completed units.

Candi! That is... is.. LOL to wonderful for words! HUGS! Glad you like it.

Missy
Old 01-03-2011, 03:36 PM

Oh, Candi....How Cool!!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by mysikaanne
Originally Posted by Carsey
Carsey! Those are awesome!! I love it! here's the colors that I am drawn to.. Fabrics 2,3,5,11,10,7,6. let me know what you think. :)Well done on the post too! Like the way it was put together.

Missy

Missy: That is only 7 fabrics. I thought we needed 8 and then the focus made 9????