Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
CLUE #1: Mysi's Mystery! >

CLUE #1: Mysi's Mystery!

CLUE #1: Mysi's Mystery!

Old 01-03-2011, 06:32 PM

Missy, I cut the aqua 4 1/2 x 2 1/2. I folded the 4 1/2 and sewed on the 2 1/2 edge. I did it this way as I thought I would have more quilting options. Thanks you for your coments.
Originally Posted by mysikaanne
Originally Posted by judy363905
this is my results for Clue #1
Judy! Awesome, I didn't think that the 3D geese would work in this instance!! OMG! That is a great job!!! Did you cut the square to a 2 1/4? and do it that way? I like it! :) ... writing profusely for the 'betterment' of the quilt... this is why I love this place!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Carsey
Missy: I decided that I am going to have to buy some focal fabric. I want to do at least the full/twin and I need at least 2 1/4 yds. So.... I have some ideas that I want you to look at before I purchase them. I know that I am getting a late start, but when I finally get the fabric that I need, I will catch up. I might still take Gwyn up on her offer if she has enough focus fabric in the beautiful birds. I know that there are too many colors, but we can pick the best ones.
Carsey! Those are awesome!! I love it! here's the colors that I am drawn to.. Fabrics 2,3,5,11,10,7,6. let me know what you think. :)Well done on the post too! Like the way it was put together.

Missy

Missy: That is only 7 fabrics. I thought we needed 8 and then the focus made 9????
HA! LOL I can't type!! I looked at my paper and I had 8.. thinking plus the fabric!! Add #4.. Had to go cross reference and cross them out to figure out what I was missing! :)
Old 01-03-2011, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
how often r the clues coming out?
Once a week.. so Wednesday's..
Old 01-03-2011, 07:00 PM

Missy: I decided that I am going to have to buy some focal fabric. I want to do at least the full/twin and I need at least 2 1/4 yds. So.... I have some ideas that I want you to look at before I purchase them. I know that I am getting a late start, but when I finally get the fabric that I need, I will catch up. I might still take Gwyn up on her offer if she has enough focus fabric in the beautiful birds. I know that there are too many colors, but we can pick the best ones.
Carsey! Those are awesome!! I love it! here's the colors that I am drawn to.. Fabrics 2,3,5,11,10,7,6. let me know what you think. :)Well done on the post too! Like the way it was put together.

Missy

Missy: That is only 7 fabrics. I thought we needed 8 and then the focus made 9????
HA! LOL I can't type!! I looked at my paper and I had 8.. thinking plus the fabric!! Add #4.. Had to go cross reference and cross them out to figure out what I was missing! :)
Great!! Now, which fabric is for which color??? Can you give me the numbers in order so I will know how much to get of each???? Boy, what a pest I am!! :oops:
Old 01-03-2011, 09:39 PM

Missy

Great!! Now, which fabric is for which color??? Can you give me the numbers in order so I will know how much to get of each???? Boy, what a pest I am!! :oops:
Background-Fabric 7
Color1-Fabric 3
Color2-Fabric 6
Inner border-Fabric 11
Color3-Fabric 8
second accent- 2
Color 4-Fabric 10
accent-Fabric 5

Here you go.. Hugs! Hope you like it!
Old 01-04-2011, 12:19 AM

I have 80 of these pieces for the crib size... hope that's right!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-153007.jpe  
Old 01-04-2011, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Kryssa
I have 80 of these pieces for the crib size... hope that's right!
80 pieces are EXACTLY right. :) Those are sooo cute!!!!

Missy
Old 01-04-2011, 08:43 AM

HELP I am so over whelmed I don't know where to start. I posted pictures a while ago and others had spicific ideas. However I didn't have enough of some of the fabrics. I have taken pictures of what I have and hope I can get some help picking the fabrics to use. If I need to go and buy some like a dark blue etc I can do that however I hope it can be one of the ones O only need a yard or less of. Know what I mean??
If I have to go buy 2 1/2 yards and then another 2 or three of 3/4 yard. Maybe next time but money is a little tight right now!! We are on a fixed income and we just had Christmas. Have to get "stuff" for the little ones and even the big meals but a strain on the budjet. Of course we have enough leftovers for 6 months so we should be good in a few months!! LOL As soon as I send this I will try and remember how to post the picture
Attached Thumbnails attachment-153091.jpe   attachment-153092.jpe  
Old 01-04-2011, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by GrandmK
HELP I am so over whelmed I don't know where to start. I posted pictures a while ago and others had spicific ideas. However I didn't have enough of some of the fabrics. I have taken pictures of what I have and hope I can get some help picking the fabrics to use. If I need to go and buy some like a dark blue etc I can do that however I hope it can be one of the ones O only need a yard or less of. Know what I mean??
If I have to go buy 2 1/2 yards and then another 2 or three of 3/4 yard. Maybe next time but money is a little tight right now!! We are on a fixed income and we just had Christmas. Have to get "stuff" for the little ones and even the big meals but a strain on the budjet. Of course we have enough leftovers for 6 months so we should be good in a few months!! LOL As soon as I send this I will try and remember how to post the picture
Why not just do a wallhanging this time.. and as $$ comes in you can make a bigger one? At least you can get to play! :)

Ok, this is what I got for you:
Color1-B
Color2-I
Color3-k
Color4-d
Inner border -H
Background-A
2nd accent-J
accent-C

See if this works for you . :) HUGS
Missy
Old 01-04-2011, 05:09 PM

Can anyone hop on this? I've never done a mystery before and i am hoping my fabrics will work out!