Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Coffee Filter Lamp Shade >

Coffee Filter Lamp Shade

Coffee Filter Lamp Shade

Old 09-12-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble
I wanted to add that I too LOVE your avatar: you make the cutest little fishergirl out there! My brother and his wife live in Fairbanks and he did overnight everyone in our family some salmon for Christmas one year. It was terrific!
I had to laugh at your saying. Husband lets you buy all the fabric you can hide. Thats a good one.

We have shipped salmon to our family too and I can tell you it gets expensive to do that. I took some down to my brother and mom when I went to my Niece's wedding in August. At least on the plane it only cost $20 to take 50 lbs. They really want halibut but that is a whole different issue. We would have to pay around $250 each to go out on a boat plus accommodations, food, gas etc.
Then have it shipped, well.......Your looking at very expensive fish by then. The limit is 2 per person and the majority of charters take you where everyone can get their two fish but they are really small. Not worth it at all. I save money by getting it from one of the fish processing places in Seward. Plus I don't have to contend with sea sickness which seems to have become my new peeve.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:15 AM

I seen that done on a design show. All I could think about is the DUSTING, and the ends raveling lol.. looks pretty now. :) nice job
Old 09-12-2011, 10:32 AM

Oh seasickness.... :hunf: it ruins many a nice day out on the water for me too. So you are a land locked fishnlady eh? It sure doesn‘t seem to be holding you back any.

If you want to talk about funny sayings how about yours? Gosh I can already think of a lot of times it would have been healthier if it was socially correct be able to respond like a dog...Pee on it and walk away! Ha! :twisted:

Your mention of halibut and fishing from a boat brings to mind something funny that happened once when we were out on Homer Spit. (Back before it got so touristy and the Salty Dog really was salty) My mother and my aunt were strolling along the beach, when this "really nice man" struck up a conversation and then offered to take them out on his boat while he checked his lines. They were thrilled and went with him. A little while later, after they were far out on the water, my aunt motions surreptitiously to my mom to look at something this man has stowed on his boat: a handgun. They are just exchanging their first nervous glances when the man notices. He quickly reassured them and explained that the gun was to shoot the halibut after he hauled them up, so the fish wouldn’t knock a hole in the boat or break one of his limbs. Now that is some big fish! They ended up having a wonderful time.

As far as dust goes on this kind of fancy lamp shade… other than a good wind storm LOL :D … you an use a blow dryer pretty successfully to get off any dust.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:41 AM

Lara, I can just see those two wondering what they might have gotten themselves into. I had a chuckle over that story.
The blow dryer is a great idea. Much better than a wind storm. LOL
Old 09-12-2011, 01:39 PM

That is so cool. I would love to something like that. Hmmm I think I will.Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:37 PM

Very lovely...
The only place in my house it would work is in my bedroom... it's off limits to my four dogs.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:20 PM

wow are the neat looking and it is very interesting, but I would be agraid they would start on fire. Are they fire retardent? Great idea though.....
Old 09-12-2011, 06:31 PM

They are beautiful! Thank you for sharing.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:14 PM

I love the look too. But I agree it wouldn't stay that way long in my house lol
Texas is so dry and everything is dusty!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:07 PM

Awesome!!