Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Drunkard's Path Bookmark Class--Part 1

Rhonda, I received my templates today. You are a very special person for doing the tutorial plus providing templates to those of us who need them.

The square one I received is only 1 1/2". The tutorial says 2" I'm confused.

thank you so much for this quick/easy way to make the Drunkard's Path block, getting 4 for the work of one..:-).
    I have a kit for a Daisy Doodle quilt using the Drunkard's Path block and it will be eaiser now that i have your method and for FREE too. thanks again.

Banned
    I received my template yesterday too.....
    THANK YOU !!!!!!!
    bopeep

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonnie2
    Rhonda, I received my templates today. You are a very special person for doing the tutorial plus providing templates to those of us who need them.

The square one I received is only 1 1/2". The tutorial says 2" I'm confused.
    The cardboard circle is the 2". The plastic template is the 1 1/2". Hope this clears that up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Lay one rough square on your mini cutting mat. Place the 2 template on the rough square. Match up the corner of the template with the corner of the square.
    Cut out the square. Remember to keep the template from moving as you turn the mat to cut.
    Repeat this step with all the other rough squares.
    This step is why I was confused. Should this say Place the 1 1/2" template on the rough square. ???????????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonnie2
    Lay one rough square on your mini cutting mat. Place the 2 template on the rough square. Match up the corner of the template with the corner of the square.
    Cut out the square. Remember to keep the template from moving as you turn the mat to cut.
    Repeat this step with all the other rough squares.
    This step is why I was confused. Should this say Place the 1 1/2" template on the rough square. ???????????

Grrrrrrr yes it should!! I tried to proofread but missed this one!! I will have to see if I can post a statement on it. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will try to fix it.

Thank you so much, Rhonda, for both the template and your easy to understand tutorial. I plan to one day purchase your Kaleidescope e-book ... when I drum up the courage to give it a try :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    You're welcome klutyquilter! And the Dresden Kaleidoscope is so easy and addictive!!

Konstantin is going to fix that 2" and change it to the 1 1/2" it should have been!

Hi Rhonda, I'm interested in your templates....thanks so much, Yolanda.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yoliemel
    Hi Rhonda, I'm interested in your templates....thanks so much, Yolanda.
    Just send me your postal address in a pm(private message) and I will be happy to send you the templates! Do you need the rulers too?

Hi Rhonda, i got your email that you will send me the Drunkard's Path templates.......Will i need the rulers also?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmafay
    Hi Rhonda, i got your email that you will send me the Drunkard's Path templates.......Will i need the rulers also?
    If you have 2 smaller rulers that will work but if you don't then yes you will need the rulers. So let me know for sure! I am waiting on more supplies to come in the mail so it will be the latter part of next week before I can get any more out. Soooo sorry for the wait but I ran out!! I have sent out about 225 requests over the last couple of weeks so I had to reorder.

I don't really have any small rulers.......i really would appreciate getting them and no problem i can wait until you can send them........thank you soooo much. You are the best!!

God Bless you.

Blog Entries
    Ok Fay I've got you down for rulers! :)

thanks again Rhonda..goodnight all

Blog Entries
    Great tutorial, Rhonda.

If anyone plans to make lots of these flat circles, there is a great product available called "Perfect Circles" (by Karen Buckley)

They are mylar circles that can be used instead of the cardboard template. There is a small set (7/16" to 2" ) and a larger set (2 1/2" to 4 1/2" ) I have the small set and love it.

Easy to trace around, won't warp when pressed (within reason), and give a nice crisp edge to the circle. Worth the expense if you make circles A LOT.

Rhonda, thank you for your generous time and the template. Look forward to completing something quickly rather than several years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Great tutorial, Rhonda.

If anyone plans to make lots of these flat circles, there is a great product available called "Perfect Circles" (by Karen Buckley)

They are mylar circles that can be used instead of the cardboard template. There is a small set (7/16" to 2" ) and a larger set (2 1/2" to 4 1/2" ) I have the small set and love it.

Easy to trace around, won't warp when pressed (within reason), and give a nice crisp edge to the circle. Worth the expense if you make circles A LOT.
    Do you have a link or site name? Sounds interesting.I would need several but I could see how much they are. I like to do 10 or 12 at a time so may not work but it is worth looking into.

I was going to buy the cutter bookscrappers use to cut
    circles but Walmart didn't have any when I looked and I haven't done anything more about looking for one.
    I saw a show one time on Simply Quilts where this lady did a quilt with circles and this is what she used. Would be interesting to check out.

Blog Entries
    http://www.karenkaybuckley.com/store.php?cat=2

I don't recall where I got mine. The set I have has 4 of each size circle on a ring. So you can do more than 1 at a time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    http://www.karenkaybuckley.com/store.php?cat=2

I don't recall where I got mine. The set I have has 4 of each size circle on a ring. So you can do more than 1 at a time.
    Thanks Mad I looked at the site and I think it is a good resource.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am a little behind, but I will catch up real soon, so sorry I could not remember when it was to start. Penny

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by penny doty
    I am a little behind, but I will catch up real soon, so sorry I could not remember when it was to start. Penny
    No problem Penny! It isn't going anywhere just do it when it works for you. Just let me know if you have any questions!
    Hope you will post pics on the picture thread!

Here is the link in the virtual section where all the threads are in one place.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/virtual...jsp?vsnum=1010

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I will post pictures now that I just learned how, not very smart were computers are concerned. I don't have small rulers, I can not purchas any. sorry. I did not know we need them.Penny

Blog Entries
    I will post pictures now that I just learned how, not very smart were computers are concerned. I don't have small rulers, I can not purchas any. sorry. I did not know we need them.Penny
    You can do it with any rulers you have as long as they are not huge ones. I can send you the rulers but I have to order more so it will take abit to get them in the mail for you.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    You can do it with any rulers you have as long as they are not huge ones. I can send you the rulers but I have to order more so it will take abit to get them in the mail for you.
    thank you Rhonda, I am sure I might have ?s when I start them. next week. you have a wonderful Easter. Penny

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast