Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Tutorials
  • Easy 3-D pinwheels >
  • Easy 3-D pinwheels

• Easy 3-D pinwheels

Old 08-15-2010, 04:27 PM

I love the effect of 3-D patterns. Does anyone know of other 3-Day patterns besides the pinwheel (whch I love)?
    Old 08-15-2010, 04:43 PM
    MNM

Originally Posted by buntcake49
    I love the effect of 3-D patterns. Does anyone know of other 3-Day patterns besides the pinwheel (whch I love)?
    I made a quilt for my daughter-in-law a few years back, it was called "Mandarin Rose". I'm looking at the flyer and the info on it is: Maywood Studio - Vernon Calif 800-237-6620. The flower is folded like oragami and set into a log cabin square. It turned out fantastic.
    On the same flier it suggest a book called Fantastic Fabric Folding by Rebecca Wat. Just saw a web site www.woodstudio.com
    Hope this gives you a start. I think I will put this Mandaran Rose on my to do list again. It was fun to make and it came out just beautiful.

MNM
    Old 08-15-2010, 05:07 PM

Thank you, I will go and look both of these up.
    Old 08-16-2010, 02:18 PM
    Power Poster

Thanks!
    Old 08-16-2010, 07:39 PM

MNM I looked on the internet for a while last night for the Mandarin Rose pattern, but I couldn't find it. Went to the site of woodstudio.com that you listed in our post and it was about furniture. I would love to see a pic. or the mandarin rose you are talking about. Can you post a pic. or give another site to check out? Thanks
    Old 08-16-2010, 10:04 PM

I Googled "mandarin rose fabric folded quilt block" and found the quilt. Very interesting.
    Old 08-17-2010, 05:42 AM
    MNM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
    MNM I looked on the internet for a while last night for the Mandarin Rose pattern, but I couldn't find it. Went to the site of woodstudio.com that you listed in our post and it was about furniture. I would love to see a pic. or the mandarin rose you are talking about. Can you post a pic. or give another site to check out? Thanks
    Sorry, that was all the info I had BUT as you see the next comment from Decee tells you where to find it. You ladies are so darn smart you all know one way or another to find what we are looking for. Most of the time the computer just baffels me, I am learning to think out of the box at times. Learning so much more than just quilting.
    THANKS MNM
    Old 08-17-2010, 06:00 AM
    MNM

Originally Posted by Deecee
    I Googled "mandarin rose fabric folded quilt block" and found the quilt. Very interesting.
    Deecee thanks, I went there too and there is a picture of the quilt I made. I did not make the cross so pronounced on mine. It is such an easy quilt to do. I think I had a little trouble with the rose at first but once you get it , you can make all the roses in an evening. The little ones on the corners can be used lots of other places like for little girls hair and on greeting cards. Thanks for finding this for us.

MNM
    Old 08-17-2010, 06:01 AM

Very cute. Thanks for the tutorial.
    Old 08-17-2010, 06:10 AM
    MNM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
    www.maywoodstudio.com sorry if I gave you the wrong address. Told you I don't do computer to well, I guess address are important HaHa. I wish I had the ability to send pictures and then this would have been much easier.
    I have a friend that will be helping me to get some pictures of the Mouse Pads I made as Christmas gifts, they came out so cute and I would like to send some pictures of the Snippet pot holders I did last Christmas and the picture of the 3-D pinewheel quilt I just finished (top only). I sure wish for a lot don't I.
    MNM