Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Glue Basting With Elmer's School Glue >

Glue Basting With Elmer's School Glue

Glue Basting With Elmer's School Glue

Old 02-08-2010, 02:16 AM

Oh thank you for showing this so good. I am about to do this for the first time on the quilts I am doing now.Oh my first quilts I just did it the easy way no binding.
Connie in Indiana :roll:
Old 02-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Power Poster

You are all very welcome :D:D:D
Good luck on your first bound quilt Connie!!! If you need any help, just holler on Main :wink: :D:D:D
Old 02-08-2010, 12:56 PM

I love this technique. I first used elmers on the binding of a quilt and couldn't believe how well it worked. I think I'm gonna use it on an art quilt next and see what happens. Hopefully it won't be hard to sew thru... eh, the bernina will sew thru anything. tee hee
Old 02-08-2010, 06:37 PM

Thanks believe me I will be sure to ask. The 2 quilts I am working on is really got to be just right my grand sons or getting married an I don't have much money so I though maybe if I made something my self it would mean something, I sure don't have money to spend that would get anything they would remember yrs. down the road! If you know what I am saying :( . I read the post the other day where a woman gave her dad a quilt an he didn't think it was all that. I sure hope this works out better then that, I'll just die right there in my there. I just feel like I am out of place. I am just a poor old country woman an these or all very city people if you know what I mean. :oops:
Old 02-10-2010, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Connie in Indiana
Thanks believe me I will be sure to ask. The 2 quilts I am working on is really got to be just right my grand sons or getting married an I don't have much money so I though maybe if I made something my self it would mean something, I sure don't have money to spend that would get anything they would remember yrs. down the road! If you know what I am saying :( . I read the post the other day where a woman gave her dad a quilt an he didn't think it was all that. I sure hope this works out better then that, I'll just die right there in my there. I just feel like I am out of place. I am just a poor old country woman an these or all very city people if you know what I mean. :oops:
I am sure your grandson and his bride will be pleased with what you make them. Gifts from the heart and hands are the best. I think you are woman with a kind and loving heart and that is what matters...not if you are a "city" or "country" person. Read the post on here "I think under chit chat" from the man who is so thrilled to have the scraps from his grandmother's quilting and his feelings about her. :)

Margie
Old 02-10-2010, 03:42 PM

Connie,,,,I found the post I was referring to above. It is under...A stroll down memory lane on the main page. I think it would be a great comfort to you to know your grandson and his bride will feel the same way about your gift.

Margie :)
Old 03-29-2010, 06:15 PM

Great tip ... :)
Old 03-29-2010, 07:18 PM

Oh thank you for your post. I went an looked it up. OH I hope they will think of it that way someday. His other grand mother was city me I just the old country woman he hasn't been around me much.Its hard to explain.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:11 AM

Thanks for the inspiration and pic. directions! I just wrote school glue on my shopping list!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Power Poster

You are very welcome :D:D:D