Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
how do i????????? >

how do i?????????

how do i?????????

Old 03-04-2011, 02:20 PM

that is a beautiful diamond
Old 03-04-2011, 02:25 PM

Don't give up!!! I completely understand how difficult it can be to try to describe something. Visual aids are best sometimes.

If you can't upload visual aids - bring the diamond you have and the new pattern you want to make to your LQS and ask them for assistance. They'll have everything in front of them.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:44 AM

Hi Dog House Mom,Just wanted to comment on your avatar. Is it called the Storm and if it is, it's a pattern I have been searching for for several yrs. Please say it is? Thanks nunnyJo
Old 03-05-2011, 08:24 AM

I looked up the pattern for the LeMoyne star. If you need the corner square, you need to measure the side of the diamond between the points where the seam line will be. That is the finished size of the square. Then add 1/2 inch to that measurement and cut out one and sew it to one diamond. If it fits, you are set. or enlarge or decrease to fit. If you have 1//4 graph paper, you could lay it on the diamond and mark where it would fit and then make a square from the graph paper. Hope this will help.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:07 AM

I have a book called "Make Any Block Any Size" by Joen Wolfrom, published by C&T Publishing. It cost $27.95, but you might be able to find one at the library, or a used one on the internet.

The advice you've been given sounds good ...... good luck!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:37 AM

Hi. I am guessing the pattern is called Magic Squares. You can trim the diamond shape to 3 in ,The thing that will help you the most is to figure out if in cutting you are changing the degree in the diamond. Sew a few together and see how the trimmed on works first before you cut them all. Experience was my teacher. lol
Old 03-07-2011, 04:13 PM

the name of the quilt pattern is eldon. i choose that because that was my fathers name ,it is alldone with narrow strips sewn together then the stas are cut from the strips. other stripes are made into small log cabin blocks. all stripes are light,med and dark. alot of different colors alot of diamonds and alot of log cabin blocks. i guess i have it sorted out in my head ,i now am sorting all my colors. i will let you know if i ever get this one done. i swore that i was done with quilts because my hands hurt so much but how do you break a habit of 50 years.?
Old 03-07-2011, 04:21 PM
MTS
Banned

LOL!
http://www.clotilde.com/image.html?p...6&mode=gallery

Yes, the name would have been helpful, as much as a link to a picture.

Well, I'm glad you got it straight in your head because in a million years I would never have gotten that quilt from what you were describing.

I'm guessing you are not doing the pieced diamonds in the LeMoyne stars - as you were talking about diamonds that were already cut? Doesn't matter.

It looks like a great quilt, and I wish you easy sewing. Please post a picture when you're all done.