Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Machine Stitched Cathedral Window Tutorial

That was an excellent tutorial! Thanks! I want to try that as soon as I get some experience under my belt.

Quote Originally Posted by derylee
    How do we make the colored center? There is not enough information here to make a row. Please help, I like your quilt.
    Starting at step 25, Eddie explains everything for the center. Take a look at the second page of the tutorial.

Mercy Eddie, you are an angle. I have started a CW quilt aboyt 5 years ago, but all that folding and HAND sewing was just so time consuming and I have so many quitls to make and so little time to do them! This tutorial of your will make it SOOOOOOO much easier and quicker. Thanks so much!!

Thanks so much for this tute! When I was in my late teens, I started a CW quilt but did not like the way it was coming out, so I never got very far. Does anyone remember Kettle Cloth? I was going to use muslin, and Kettle Cloth prints for the windows. Now I see that I can do one of these!!! TY, TY, TY!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very good instructions! Thanks you make it look so easy

Great info but, I'll just send you my address and you can make the quilt, I'll put this on my list of things to do. Thanks

I wanted to make a Cathedral Window Quilt and in the chat room was told to check the tutorials..I found you. This is such a easy way to do this quilt. With no hand stitching. Thanks for your great tutorial Eddie! I love the dark background you have done here. It makes the window colors pop beautifully.

Best instructions I've seen on the Cathedral Window. How can I get a printed copy of this information. I love it!

I just saved copy and pasted it on a word doc. then print it out...

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing the tute with us. I was in a CW class about 4 yrs ago and never finished the quilt. It's hanging in the closet and I look at it everyonce in awhile and think I should pull it out and finish it. Now, I've been inspired even more to get it finished........that is after I finish the 4 other quilts I am working on. LOL

Eddie, this has got to be one of the best tut's I've ever seen. Thank you so much.

Very nice and very informative. Definitely on my to do list now

Blog Entries
    Thanks Eddie,i have a small rectangle table.I don't know now if that would make a table topper or not.But why not.Take care Connie in CO

Thank you so much for this tute! I have been wanting to make one for years but always got lost in the window...I could never find instuctions clear enough for my visual brain to follow. Thank you for the Light Bulb moment! My best friends gram passed away and left a Cathredral half finished. I have looked at it and studied it and pondered for months...I now feel like I found the missing piece of understanding. =)

Banned
    Wow....on my list to do.....LOL

Blog Entries
    Great tut. got to done one in the next year!

Thank you so much for the tutorial, You make it look so easy, I am going to try this method. The looks so much quicker than doing it all by hand. Thanks

community benefactor p38flygirl's Avatar
    great tut..I love cw

Great tute! Thank you. I have made a baby's quilt before and did it all by hand . This was about 6 years ago and I have never gone back to it again - it took too much time. Now with the machine instructions, I may just start one up now. :lol:

Just a few questions though, I noticed that there was a border round the beautiful finished cathedral quilt. How would you finish it? The projects I have seen did not have borders. Just wondering as there would be quite a bulk in the main part to 'catch up with'? Would you add the batting and quilt as you go before attaching it? and if yes, how would you attach the border?

Thank you for your time. :thumbup: :-D :-D :-D :-D :thumbup:

i accidently came upon this and i am so thrilled. i wondered how these were made. thank you for the tutorial

Blog Entries
    You have a gift ! your directions are simple and concise. The photos help alot ! I can't wait to get one started. thanks for posting !

I just wanted to post to let you know that this pattern (CW) was what inspired me to start quilting and to join this site. Your tutorial is -exactly- what I've been looking for. I intend to do a baby quilt as my first project.

I believe a standard size for a baby quilt would be 60" X 60"?

If I end up with 4 inch squares it will be 15 X 15 squares, 225 squares total? ( I have never figured out a quilt before :oops: ) How do I figure out how many yards I will need?

Also, like BizzieLizzie posted, I would love to see how you finish your quilts. Thanks again. I am really inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by BizzieLizzie

Just a few questions though, I noticed that there was a border round the beautiful finished cathedral quilt. How would you finish it? The projects I have seen did not have borders. Just wondering as there would be quite a bulk in the main part to 'catch up with'? Would you add the batting and quilt as you go before attaching it? and if yes, how would you attach the border?

I usuallyt make my baby quilts 45X45, crib size 45X52. with this pattern you can make them any size, just add another row,

I usually make my baby quilts 45X45, crib size 45X52. with this pattern you can make them any size, just add another row,

For anyone that has finished one of these. . . what does the back look like? Thanks :)

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast