Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Machine Stitched Cathedral Window Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by PinkEwe View Post
    Beautiful quilt!! After several rows were complete, did the quilt get difficult to manage? How did you support the bulk as you worked? Did you work on a large kitchen table? Thanks.
    PinkEwe, I constructed the windows part of the quilt in "chuncks" then attach them together. I have a sewing machine cabinet with a "drop leaf" behind the machine that holds the weight. I also rig up a "shelf" on my left to hold it too. If I had an ironing board that the height was adjustable, I'd use that. Necessity is the mother of invention!

You seem to have made the impossible possible. Photos and directions are super. You've made many people happy!

thinking about using silk in the window--can i use cotton for the frame?

go pig sooie-razorbacks!

Thanks for the tutorial

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for the tutorial, I love all of your quilts - especially anything with Blackbird Designs.
    Gisela - Omaha, NE USA
    Life is Precious

Hello, all! User juneayerza sent me my tutorial here in a PDF format so I'm posting it here for all of you that would like to download it for future reference. Thanks, June!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If you want a golden rule that will fit everything, this is it: Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." -- William Morris, 1834-1896

http://arkansasmanquilter.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Eddie. Thank you very much for the tute. you did a wonderful job and I have read and reread and now I know how to do it. again bless you and thank you
    Dawn
    SMILE- it will make everyone wonder what you are up to.
    Stay strong and keep looking up.

Thank you so much for posting this... I have always wanted to make a CW but though it would be to hard, you make it look and sound so easy...thank you

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    This is a wonderful tutorial and thanks for taking the time to show it. Coupled with the Elmer's Glue pinning process, this is super easy and a lot of fun. DH oldest son eloped yesterday and he asked me to put aside all UFO and make a quilt for the pair. This will go together in a snap and be so lovely! PS...9 squares down on a row and hundreds to go!
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

I would love to see your finished project and how you finished the outside edges

Jane

Quote Originally Posted by Newby0709 View Post
    Here's how I treated the sides. I didn't have a king-size bed to display it. I think you can get an idea. I had no pattern, just took Eddie's tutorial and played with it.Attachment 335981
    You did a super job and I would like t make the same sized quilt, Can you tell me what amount of background fabric you used?

Thank you for any advice!

Was just roaming around the site and saw this since lowjane had brought it to the forefront by commenting today. I read the whole thread, and have to say this is one of the best tutorials ever, as the pics are very clearly illustrating the process.
    I do wonder about the appearance of the back- I'm assuming there is a bar tack at the center of each block where the points are tacked down?

Did you sew down the middle of this row from beginning to end OR did you just tack each center flap with just a few stitches, break thread and keep tacking center flaps down? These are Very Great Pics for each step so far, but I'm not understanding how you sewed down the center flaps "points in the middle" of the block as you called them. Thank you for your Help with this instruction b/c I'm really eager to make one of these with the batiks just as you have - IT'S BEAUTIFUL....

Thank you Eddie & June....

Blog Entries
    would love for you to show the finished project here!!!! Great tute.... I even understand it all!! Thank you!
    Last edited by coachmatthewsvhs; 10-10-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Hello, all! User juneayerza sent me my tutorial here in a PDF format so I'm posting it here for all of you that would like to download it for future reference. Thanks, June!!
    Thanks for posting this.

First day on this site and I already love Eddie's tut! I'm so inspired to make one. I've always wanted a class and now with this, I feel confident I can make them. Thanks for posting this Eddie! Louise

Wow! That apron sounds lovely!

If you still have it you should post a picture. I would love to see it. I just started making my first thanks to this tutorial.
    Louise

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Thanks Eddie!

My mom made me an apron back in the 80's using CW as the bib and a border on the bottom...I love that thing, and have always wanted to make one...maybe after I get my Stickle quilt done!

WOW I love this tutorial thank you so much for all the effort you went to making it for us all

I appreciate your time and effort. Thank you very much

Blog Entries
    thanks Eddie. I have a son named Eddie from D.C. He was born in 1963 and is a painter and works in an art shop. I love the tutorials and am wanting to make the cathedral block. It would sure be pretty to be able to make at least one 16 high by 48 around for the doll skirts I put on dolls I do. (15 once top is gathered and added to bodice) I make and give away dolls to VERY sick kids...most with cancer, and 137 so far) I make boy dolls also. Hubby and I provide postage if ACS doesn't disburse out of our area to kids with cancer, or if there are other conditions. Please send a PM my way with your email, if you wish to see a picture of the most recent dolls to go out. They are 24 and 28 inches high.
    Thanks for taking time to do this tutorial for us out here. That was great of you.

Vickey Stamps (aka [email protected])

This is a wonderful tutorial--such detailed and precise pictures. I think we all learn best from pictures

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for sharing, How wonderful your are, to take time and effort, you did such a wonderful job, the color are all pretty, Bless the treasured Creations!

Blog Entries
    This tute looks so easy. I am going to print the PDF from pg 39, and make a small sample. I started one by hand so I might just add to that.

Thanks Eddie, My quilting friends are doing CW by hand. I'am not that gifted, lol. I'll bookmark this. Barb
    be happy

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 LastLast