Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: My Crocheted-Quilt. Tutorial/Pics.

Hi, I love your idea. Haven't crocheted in years. It would be fun to unite two hobbies into one. Thank you and yes, I too like yours better than Sewing Daisies. Much more delicate.
    All my grand-children have paws.

Blog Entries
    Well shoot! Now I have to learn how to crochet!! Lovely crocheted quilt and perfect tutorial!!!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Thanks for the tutorial. I see that the possibilities to combine quilting and crocheting are enormous. Very nice!

Thanks for sharing, I just recently got back into crochet and I think I'd like to give your technique a try. It's a great combination of quilt and crochet!!1
    We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own. ~Ben Sweetland

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
    wow I love your quilt.....wish I knew how to crochet.....am going to Madrid in March with a group of high school students.....wish I had time to visit a quilt shop!!!
    Huntannete, I put in a blog entrie the LQS in Madrid. You'll enjoy them. Happy trip!!!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/l...in-b11894.html

Power Poster
    Very nice! I thought maybe it was a afghan with what looked like quilt blocks. This was a pleasant surprise. Thanks
    SueDor

Blog Entries
    do you quilt any of the blocks and do you take out the basting when done looks very pretty thinking of trying one I crochet thanks for the post
    Evelyn

Blog Entries
    Most interesting, lovely!
    Just passing through!

Just one block would make a pretty potholder or mug rug. Thank you!!
    Dotty in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
    This is very pretty, I sure wish I knew how to crochet.
    The crochet in this tute is basic, or beginner, and very easy to learn! Very easy. OK, the border is tougher but you could do a basic border instead.

A big thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by williesmom View Post
    My only concern would be the raw edges of the blocks. Wouldn't it be better to birth them each individually, then crochet together? Or doesn't it matter? How does it wash up?
    I am not sure what you mean by 'birth' each one individually but it appears each block was crocheted around completely and then they were attached. The applique stitch, or as many of us know it as the "blanket stitch" takes care of the raveling (or unraveling).

Some of us know the referenced "applique stitch" as the "blanket stitch". Blanket stitch SEWN around each block then commence with the crocheting.

This is so cool because it can be a "take and do" project and always have a square or two in purse to work on while waiting in dr. offices, pick up kids, etc., Thank you.

Very pretty. I love that you merged two of my favorite crafts. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    This is a great idea for the wool suit fabric. Once wouldn't need batting, but a backing fabric of flannel or cotton would help any scratchiness wool would present. Great idea with great pictures and explanation.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

I love this idea! Think I could do this! Thanks for the great tut!
    My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

What a great idea. Thank you for the tute. I love your quilt too. Nice work.
    P.S. For those of you that want to brush up or learn crochet - U-tube has great video lessons.
    Last edited by JBeamer; 02-19-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yobrosew View Post
    The crochet in this tute is basic, or beginner, and very easy to learn! Very easy. OK, the border is tougher but you could do a basic border instead.
    Border intimidating? Cheat! http://www.etsy.com/market/edge_bias_binding

Tron80: Thank you for showing us that. It's a very pretty quilt and it looks comfortable too. Your quilt is the first I've seen that was crocheted together. What a great idea. I think you could make almost anything that's quilted using your method. The possibilities are endless. Perhaps at some point I'll learn to crochet too.
    The quilt I'm making for my grand niece might like a crocheted border to finish it off. I was already thinking about some sort of ruffled edge treatment so why not?
    Rodney

Blog Entries
    Hi thought I would try so have done 4 blocks but not crochet yet my problem is how do you hide the raw edges before you crochet any suggestions and also think I made mistake by sewing blocks on machine instead of basting help yours is very nice thanks for post
    Evelyn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chergram View Post
    Hi thought I would try so have done 4 blocks but not crochet yet my problem is how do you hide the raw edges before you crochet any suggestions and also think I made mistake by sewing blocks on machine instead of basting help yours is very nice thanks for post
    I fold the edges inward and bast all around. The top over the batting and the back fold besides. Then i stitch the blanket stich not too far binding the 3 pieces of fabric together. I hope this made sense ..LOL

Blog Entries
    thanks for the help will try again I crochet have for years but am a newbie at quilting but really a old great grandmother love your work and was looking for way to do both
    Evelyn

Blog Entries
    thanks for the help will try again I crochet have for years but am a newbie at quilting but really a old great grandmother love your work and was looking for way to do both
    Well, when I made the blocks a lot of years ago, neither I known how to crochet or how to sew the pieces!! My mom taught me both crafts.

You'll do it beautifuly!

Blog Entries
    thanks think I have it but do you use yarn to crochet with I know you use the thread for blanket stitch was thinking perhaps since I do thread most of the time I would crochet with size 10 thread some call it bedspread cotton what do you think would it look good
    Evelyn

Blog Entries
    thanks think I have it but do you use yarn to crochet with I know you use the thread for blanket stitch was thinking perhaps since I do thread most of the time I would crochet with size 10 thread some call it bedspread cotton what do you think would it look good
    I did the crochet with Perle Cotton Cones Crochet Thread size 8, I don't know "bedspread cotton" but I think the size is similar and both could very much look alike, and the blanket stitch with DMC PEARL embroidery cotton
    http://www.dmc-usa.com/Products/Need...que=embroidery

Happy crocheting!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast