Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   10 minute block from you-tube (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/10-minute-block-you-tube-t81908.html)

happy girl 03-05-2011 09:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thank you I made one by hand

saf 03-06-2011 04:09 AM

Thanks for the great instructions. I am a beginner and just starting my first sampler quilt. I will certainly be including this one. I think that with a bit of care even I might get it right.

kathymarie 03-14-2011 04:34 AM

Very nice....I've been seeing this reference to a 10 minute block...I've been doing mini ones for years calling it a Dimensional Bow-Tie block...but I'd never thought of turning those bias edges back like a cathedral window....beautiful...can't wait to try this on a bit larger scale.

jeank 03-14-2011 05:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I called mine dimentional bow tie and made it scrappy. here is a picture of it. I loved making this quilt, it was fun.

Jean in MI

dimentional bow tie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169632[/ATTACH]

Maroko 03-16-2011 05:44 AM

Clever. Directions were good.

Maroko

libbiebean 03-28-2011 03:06 PM

Going to try this for one of my Linus quilts. Question?? do I add sashes to separate the blocks when I put them together? And why does the center block look smaller when they are all started out the same size. Hey, I'm trying to learn. Have patience with me - Sybil Oh gosh! this was supposed to be with another posting. Don't know how it ended up here.

libbiebean 03-28-2011 03:15 PM

OK, I'm going to call it quits. I can quilt, but am totally computer illiterate - confusion messes up my poor brain - glad I have an appt. with my shrink Thursday - Sybil

Deb watkins 03-28-2011 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by libbiebean
Going to try this for one of my Linus quilts. Question?? do I add sashes to separate the blocks when I put them together? And why does the center block look smaller when they are all started out the same size. Hey, I'm trying to learn. Have patience with me - Sybil Oh gosh! this was supposed to be with another posting. Don't know how it ended up here.

The reason the center blocks is smaller is because it is being folded.....which gives it the 3-D look. You can add sashings in between the blocks if you wish, if you want to highlight the blocks.

Deb watkins 03-28-2011 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by judy363905
Deb, I made one block - great tute...I am now wondering if you have ever join bocks with the catherdal windows in all the corners? Does this sound posssible? I keep running this idea through my mind and I am not sure. judy

Just noticed this posting was on the top of the recent topics. As for making them catherdal windows, I see that in a couple of posts after your first on, that it is possible. Just cut the squares just a bit smaller than the center piece, and fold back the edges. Great little addition to the block!

0tis 04-07-2011 07:48 PM

So glad you did this - I was just looking at someones block and wondered how to do it. Great tute.