Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/alaskasunshines-fabric-folding-organizing-your-quilt-room-t43871.html)

DirtyPaw 02-26-2011 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
Done with the tiny bolt. To keep me organized I have got to put it back where it belongs! ;-)

I love my little Sunshine. She is always so expressive and the mouth piece for her momma and her brother! Gee I sure do love her!!! :-D

The pix following pix to come are of my ceiling DH is adding more lighting for me to see better in my quilt room. He is so wonderful to me! :wink: We are off to have breakfast! I hope this tutorial has been helpful. In closing I must give a huge thank you to the lady that first gave us the idea to use the sign material. I don't know her name but she is brilliant. Also to wine woman who did this before me and helped me with sizing. She is wickedly organized. And lastly to my DH (gee this sounds like I am accepting a grammy) he cut all my boards and encouraged me all along the way. I was many times feeling like I would never even fill one row on my shelf but little by little I got it to where it is today.
Take care and please post pix as you wrap and tidy your shelves. And don't forget to check on Craig's List for shelving and hutches and entertainment centers. They work so nicely and are great if you are on a budget like I am! :D

That is just awesome the way to wrap and store your fabric. You have one heck of a stash. Outstanding room.

Sharonsews 02-26-2011 01:21 PM

Thanks for the information. I want to get organized too!

kathyquilter34 02-26-2011 01:39 PM

I think Alaskasunshine has started something among us quilters..seems like maybe we will get a little more organized..at least in the fabric department..Thanks Alaskasunshine..

dsb38327 02-26-2011 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine

Originally Posted by MimiLinda
Hi there Alaskasunshine, I have looked at your posting several times. We have a new home and my DH is working in our basement to make himself a wook-working room and eventutally me a sewing room. I absolutely love how you have your fabric organized. This gives me some ideas........(he just loves when I say I have an idea). You have inspired so many of us. Thanks for sharing. Happy quilting :thumbup: :thumbup:

So you're the reason for the high numbers on my pages :lol: :shock: :lol:
Thanks so much for dropping by and visiting my tute! Have fun gettin' goin'.

:oops: Me too :oops: . I have been back repeatedly to get the url to give to other board members. I used your method but fold on a ruler so I can stack high. I just thank you so much for doing the tutorial. Your expressions in the photos are so cute and your puppy is beautiful. She loves you very much.
Have a great day./Dorothy

auntmarie 02-27-2011 03:07 AM

what a lovely room and stash.

alaskasunshine 03-07-2011 01:04 PM

Hey Daylily this is for you!!!

rivka 03-07-2011 05:56 PM

I love seeing pictures of other people's stash, and how organized they are :)

alaskasunshine 03-07-2011 06:37 PM

Hi there again, I love your stash too!!!

vjengels 03-16-2011 10:08 AM

looks like corregated cardboard to me...or, that plastic, used for the temporary signs you see all over for politicians, garage sales etc.

agdetrick 03-17-2011 09:41 AM

Very nice lesson on white board....Thank you so much for the pictures....I love this board. Happy Spring!