Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   String Piecing on adding machine paper (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/string-piecing-adding-machine-paper-t56940.html)

Tink's Mom 11-30-2010 04:58 PM

I found a roll of 6" paper at the thrift shop for 50cents. I did a bit of the piecing just to remind myself what I bought it for.
The shop said that they know there were a couple of other rolls of that paper that weren't sealed. She was going to put it aside for me, for the next time I'm in the area.

nellie 11-30-2010 05:02 PM

thanks tink,s mom good to know now i,ll be in the look out for this type of paper ,wonderful quilts Sue maked from this idea right

Sue Fish 12-01-2010 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by BMP
I cant seem to find 3" I will have to make a trip to staples next time I am that way....

Do you pick and choose your colors as you stip them together , or just zip them up no willie nillie??

I try to go willie nillie but do sort of sort the scraps and pull things I really do not like with the majority of the scraps and I do like to make them a little crooked rather than neat and straight and various widths not all the same

Sue Fish 12-01-2010 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
I found a roll of 6" paper at the thrift shop for 50cents. I did a bit of the piecing just to remind myself what I bought it for.
The shop said that they know there were a couple of other rolls of that paper that weren't sealed. She was going to put it aside for me, for the next time I'm in the area.

Oh that is super...tis a thrifty way to quilt and so fun too...

yolanda 12-01-2010 03:06 PM

This is great thanks! Though I don't know where I can find an adding machine to pirate the paper from ;-) (just kidding)

SherrieDLux 12-04-2010 12:24 PM

What in the world is a pantogram? Newbie here, bare with me

Cuddly Quilter 12-08-2010 10:17 AM

This is stunning. I have started a shoe box with cut strips as suggested. That is going well. I am now definitely adding a roll of till tape and going to use my bags of scraps to make a long 'snake'. This will be fun when i am BETWEEN projects.

Thanks for sharing.

I have fallen in LOVE with your 2 quilts.
:thumbup:

carolaug 12-11-2010 05:37 AM

I just found some old register paper...I will have to try this!

Sue Fish 12-11-2010 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug
I just found some old register paper...I will have to try this!

Be sure to show us what you make from it!!

Pitty Pat 01-16-2011 04:33 AM

Great idea. Yesterday my girlfriend bought to our quilt group two rolls of adding machine tape for all of us. She told us that she will send the tutorial which i just viewed and I am amazed at all of the possibilities...they are endless. When she gave them to us, I did not imagine this many quilts with just a roll of adding machine tape. What a creative idea for paper piecing. I think that quilters should run this country. Now, I believe that I can do anything thanks to my quilting friend who brought this idea to me and my cyberfriend for putting this idea out there for her to find. Now I must get to work. Thanks girlfriends, you are the bestest.