Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   String Piecing on adding machine paper (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/string-piecing-adding-machine-paper-t56940.html)

omak 11-15-2010 08:05 AM

I was in to Staples last week.
A young lady in line before me purchased two packages of adding machine paper.
I wasn't brave enough to ask her if she was Board member, but when I saw the rolls, I was sure thinking it! LOL <wave>

klgreene 11-15-2010 09:13 AM

Oh, I would have asked. It would be nice to know someone close to where you live and have the same love of quilting.

Caryn 11-15-2010 09:18 AM

i actually read about this somewhere a few yeaers ago...and now i am gonna go find those receipt rolls i have stashed somewhere. this is a great idea for using up all of those scraps i cant bear to throw out!

Sue Fish 11-15-2010 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Caryn
i actually read about this somewhere a few yeaers ago...and now i am gonna go find those receipt rolls i have stashed somewhere. this is a great idea for using up all of those scraps i cant bear to throw out!

I think it was in 2000 that I came up with this

memere9 11-21-2010 04:41 AM

I LOVE THIS I also booked marked it and will try it very soon. I have strips from a dress factory I bought years ago and this will be perfect. i am also going to try to find some larger rolls of paper that i could try to make a larger one

Quilting Nana 11-21-2010 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by memere9
I LOVE THIS I also booked marked it and will try it very soon. I have strips from a dress factory I bought years ago and this will be perfect. i am also going to try to find some larger rolls of paper that i could try to make a larger one

If you find them please let me know. I would love to make larger strings.
I guess I could cut my own but way to much work.

Greenheron 11-26-2010 04:53 PM

Thank you for sharing this idea, especially the roll holder. So nice to sew a bit and come back to do more later. I'll be watching for rolls of paper at the flea markets.

BMP 11-26-2010 05:26 PM

All I can say is WOW !!
Where can I find the pic of the curtains mentioned a few pages back, sounds like something cute to hang in a sewing room.

I just asked hubby if he had tape at his office and I also need a old CD to use to trace for another project, he wanted to know what in the he** was I making now !! LOL

memere9 11-27-2010 03:31 AM

I think I will look into getting some shelf paper at the dollar store.Or having my husband cut a roll in half with a saw I will let you know if I try it. You know I just had another thought as I was writing this. I have made string quilts sewing onto old sheets. Now I have to buy new cheap one riped into blocks why couldn't I ripe them into strips? I'll see. When you use cloth though you have to do a lot of pressing.

Sue Fish 11-27-2010 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by memere9
I think I will look into getting some shelf paper at the dollar store.Or having my husband cut a roll in half with a saw I will let you know if I try it. You know I just had another thought as I was writing this. I have made string quilts sewing onto old sheets. Now I have to buy new cheap one riped into blocks why couldn't I ripe them into strips? I'll see. When you use cloth though you have to do a lot of pressing.

Fax paper is @ 8" wide and you often can find it cheap at yard sales or thrift shops