Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   String Piecing on adding machine paper (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/string-piecing-adding-machine-paper-t56940.html)

Quilting Nana 11-27-2010 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sue Fish

Originally Posted by memere9
I think I will look into getting some shelf paper at the dollar store.Or having my husband cut a roll in half with a saw I will let you know if I try it. You know I just had another thought as I was writing this. I have made string quilts sewing onto old sheets. Now I have to buy new cheap one riped into blocks why couldn't I ripe them into strips? I'll see. When you use cloth though you have to do a lot of pressing.

Fax paper is @ 8" wide and you often can find it cheap at yard sales or thrift shops

GREAT idea now I just have to find it. :lol:

memere9 11-28-2010 01:59 PM

Thanks iw ill be looking
Cathy

IBQLTN 11-28-2010 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by ekbuckeye
For some unknown reason, I bought a box of (6) 6" wide, 1000' long thermal paper rolls at GW for $2 and now I know what I can do with them. Great idea!

Be careful with thermal paper, it has chemicals in it and can break down fibers.

sheilajstewart 11-29-2010 03:17 PM

Thanks, that is a great idea!!!

lclang 11-29-2010 08:02 PM

If you can't find the 3" paper rolls I think you could use lightweight interfacting cut to that width and just leave it on. No ripping off of paper!

SaraSewing 11-29-2010 08:06 PM

VERY interesting! Thanx for the original links of your projects. I had missed them.

memere9 11-30-2010 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by lclang
If you can't find the 3" paper rolls I think you could use lightweight interfacting cut to that width and just leave it on. No ripping off of paper!

That's a great idea. I picked up 5 yards of light weight interfacing for 2.00 I may use that.

Cathy

Sue Fish 11-30-2010 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by IBQLTN

Originally Posted by ekbuckeye
For some unknown reason, I bought a box of (6) 6" wide, 1000' long thermal paper rolls at GW for $2 and now I know what I can do with them. Great idea!

Be careful with thermal paper, it has chemicals in it and can break down fibers.

easy to use the non thermo side and you take it off right away...for everyday quilts you ue a lot there is definitely no problem..I have done some about 9 yrs ago and they look like new...not use it maybe for heirloom quilts

BMP 11-30-2010 03:06 PM

I cant seem to find 3" I will have to make a trip to staples next time I am that way....

Do you pick and choose your colors as you stip them together , or just zip them up no willie nillie??

nellie 11-30-2010 04:52 PM

wow sue what a great idea ,oh i love your scrappy quilts all of them, do they sell loner adding paper bolts ,when i get tired of quilting and i just what to sew i,ll make these thank you for showing your idea