Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: PVC Embroidery/Quilt support frame

wow that is so cool, what kind of machine do you have and what size quilt have you FMQ with it.. I am looking to buy a new machine for quilting and maybe use it for some piecing too..

Thank you, I think you could use it on any size. I have used this thing for everything. Just finished a pp (My 1st) to hold all the parts in order. I
    My words of wisdom start early and enjoy longer.

The hoops with the Jennoops are just the strap fabric sewn onto itself and those slip onto the PVC. No reason to use shower clamps. There is an extension piece and I bought a corner piece to connect that to the main piece to create a left frame. I am debating about getting more PVC to make a leg there to give a little more support to the corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarleneC View Post
    I ordered the Jennoops too but seeing these pictures I see how easy it would be to make a few changes on the original--I like the idea of a rod to the left to hold the side quilt--I don't like the frame behind the table or to the right--I want my table against the wall. I also like the clamps sewn to the end of the straps. The rings might be nice but not sure I'd want something that slid around easily. Things to think about.

Blog Entries
    You can also screw the hooks into a wall behind your sewing machine and then you don't need the frame. Works great for me.

Thank you for posting this! I

Kate,
    Thank you for posting this information. I didn't like the quilt suspension system that I was using, so you inspired me to build one out of pvc today. I had to configure mine a little differently so that it would work for my space. I think that I may need to push the tubes into a few of the connectors a little more. I haven't tried it out yet, but I like the look of it.

I have a few questions please. Does your frame wobble a little when you use it? Did you use any adhesive in the joints? If so, what kind? Have you made any modifications since you first posted this?

Thank you!
    Jill

Kate Henry,
    You are genius for suggesting this method! I was this close to buying an expensive frame blah blah... till i stumbled across this Pinterest Post by a member.Name:  IMG_2093.JPG
Views: 335
Size:  1.73 MB

I want to just thank you again bc even after 6 years of posting the idea/tip, the was someone like me who had benefitted from it and saved tons of money ��

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    When one thinks of shipping costs by purchasing the hoops. this is by all counts a money saver. PVC is a great idea for many different ideas.

Ididn't glue as never know when it may be moved or need to be changed in some way. I haven't had mine up for months and i sure do miss it. It does wobble a bit if, but i fined ways to stabilize it. Hope you can get it solid
    My words of wisdom start early and enjoy longer.

The "Weightless Quilter" is a contraption something like that, but she had it around a card table. There is only a rack on the floor with uprights holding the quilt. There were two weights of uprights. You could use the thin ones for light quilts, the thicker ones for heavier quilts and both together for really heavy quilts.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Can someone give me some directions how to make the suspenders for the system. Hubby wantedme to get some from jennoop. Have tried to call them with no answer.

That is fantastic! Every time I see something like this, it makes me want to buy a mid-arm.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3