Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Twisted Log Cabin

Wow Really neat,looks like a project for a lot of patience! Thanks

Blog Entries
    This is great, and after all is said and done, I think you made a very nice tutorial. I have this one saved as a webpage, and some nice fabric to make it with.
    I appreciate techniques that don't require a lot of equipment.

Power Poster
    That is adorable. Thanks for the tute.

Super tutorial... can't wait to try it! :) Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Thanks, looks like a challenge.

I should keep your site at close hand. I am not sure I quite get it however I made this by pp and I love the pattern. So I think doing it your way might be nice as I got really tired of all that paper stuff

community benefactor
    Wow...pulled this up and knew I had to make this. Luckily I just finished several things so can start on this without a guilty conscience. Thanks so much for sharing and the tut!
    Susan
    Catsbelle
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-18-2019 at 03:59 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps

Thank you for your time and trouble posting this tute. I have found it very informative and the mistakes are good because I know what to watch out for. Most times we read what can happen but it does not actually sink in until it does happen, not that I am wishing mistakes to happen. Not at all just that I learn better with visual examples. Thank you. It is a great tutorial. :D:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fryguymoore
    I hope you can see from the picture that the piece you just cut needs to be sewn on before you continue :)

This step is the secret to this process and is how this can be done without paper piecing. If you don’t get it here, please keep reading, it is easier to see as the piece gets bigger.

The red dots represent the corners where the pink fabric meets with the black. Match these points on the FABRIC with the white lines on the RULER. You will have to move the ruler around a bit until BOTH dots are on the line. As shown, leave ¼ inch above the left hand dot [this is your seam allowance], and 1 ¼ inch above the right hand dot. Once you are all lined up, you can cut.

THE ONLY ERROR YOU CAN MAKE THAT IS UPSETTING COULD HAPPEN ON THIS STEP. To avoid this possible error, make sure you have ¼ above the right hand dot, this is your seam allowance and if you cut it off you will not be happy!
    Thank u 4 sharing this amazing block with us I am trying to do it
    Regarding this matching u said on both fabric with ruler
    My question is how much wide is between two white lines
    And please be bation with me i try to follow your lesson but may be many days not only today

I did 1 inch between the two lines. You could do more or less, just make sure it is the same every time.

I did it! I love this block and wanted to try it so I used it to make my daughter a doll quilt for Christmas. Thanks fryguymoore!

I found that it was pretty easy to do, but did waste a lot of fabric. I suppose that now that I have the hang of it I could measure a little more closely and waste less fabric - but then it wouldn't be so easy! :lol:

Here is a photo of my doll quilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Not usually a big fan of orange - but your block reminds me of Creamsicles on hot summer days. Love it and the tut!! Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed
    I did it! I love this block and wanted to try it so I used it to make my daughter a doll quilt for Christmas. Thanks fryguymoore!

I found that it was pretty easy to do, but did waste a lot of fabric. I suppose that now that I have the hang of it I could measure a little more closely and waste less fabric - but then it wouldn't be so easy! :lol:

Here is a photo of my doll quilt.
    Beautiful!!!! I love purple. I am delighted that it is possible to create this block from my tutorial :)

Blog Entries
    Obsessed, what a darling little quilt. Bet your daughter loves it. This is a pattern I want to try at some point, but too many other things going right now.

Blog Entries
    I tried your directions and finished 6 of these blocks yesterday! I treated the directions like I do any recipe, follow loosely. My core blocks where 2 1/2 " square, to fit my cats in the picture. I then used 2 1/4" wide strips, but it worked out fine. Thanks for posting the directions!

Debbie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Those blocks are adorable Debd

how cute. love the kitties. I hope to try this block sometime. It's on my to do list.

Banned
    One last reminder. Leave the seam allowance - - Can you tell I cut it off once? It was devistating to take out two layers :hunf:

I really hope this is clear. My DH is trying it, I'll let you know how he does.

I would love to see what you make if you are able to follow this. If not, please ask questions.
    love it thanks

Blog Entries
    Finished the top, with all 15 blocks. It's been fun! Haven't quite figured out how I'm going to do the actual quilting, other than stippling the black. I am thinking of doing that in a contrasting color, but I will try it out first.

crazy cat quilt
    Name:  Attachment-117480.jpe
Views: 755
Size:  88.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Awesome quilt, Debd

Here you will be cutting on the RED line. (my picture is wrong and I can't fix it tonight because my internet is down. The RED line should be 1/4 onch from the corner of the 2 inch square. I will change the picture tomorrow) Before you cut make sure the WHITE line is lined up with any line on the ruler. In the picture I have lined it up with the 2 ½ inch line on the ruler. Basically all you are doing here is making it square.
    Thank you very much this is an Excellent tutorial. I can use up my scraps :thumbup:
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-18-2019 at 04:00 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps

Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Thank you, I have it booked marked. This will be project number 1285! LOL!!
    cjomomma :lol: we all have that problem. Thought i would start the year fresh and already i have 5 projects on the go....oh my gosh and so many more i would love to do

Blog Entries
    I usually don't like black in a quilt, but your quilt is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I so want to do the Twisted Log Cabin now.

Blog Entries
    Thanks! The black helps hide the fact that all the blocks are not exactly the same size. I really had fun making those blocks, but I didn't pay close attention to the angles, which introduced variance on the final block size. I still love the way they all came together!

Debd - that is such a cute quilt! Great job!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast